Thunderhawk A

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

6th February 2005

0 Uploads

27 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Recently i was opening ports for my BF and the wen i went to play online i got this message Cannot autenticate with PB server C1177 then i get kicked and the error box says "This PB server requires (A1331 C1.177) error loading pbcl", so de;eted those ports and tried again samething happened, i went to PB website and d/led some files and then i couldnt even join games, so i deleted them so now i can play any punkbuster server for about 30 seconds and i get d/c. please help

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

For the last few weeks there has been a problem with the punkbuster update server, maybe not actually the server itself but maybe a network problemwith some ISP's, it's hard to say. The result is that Punkbuster has not been updating properly for many ppl, so a manual update is necessary. I have linked to the latest pb files in a .rar archive here;

http://members.westnet.com.au/asatar/pb.rar

These are fully up-to-date pb files, simply go into the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942 and you will see a folder called PB, rename it to something else as a backup, then extract the pb folder in the archive to the same location on your HDD, this should fix your problem.

AK

:smokin:

Thunderhawk A

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

6th February 2005

0 Uploads

27 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

thanks for that, im glad to hear that it wasnt just my pc anyway shud i keep the backup file in my BF folder or move it.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago
Thunderhawk Athanks for that, im glad to hear that it wasnt just my pc anyway shud i keep the backup file in my BF folder or move it.

Doesn't matter as long as the new one works, once it's BF is working ok you can delete the old one if you want.

AK

:smokin:

Mafiaz

Slightly Cooler Than A N00b

50 XP

17th April 2005

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

hes right. Pb was messed for a while. some fault in the server but its back up. You had to have everything up to date.

smiler

Time is money

50 XP

6th March 2005

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

Yeah, I downloaded the PBWEB.exe into the PB folder and executed. The manual update fixed all the issues.