Perhaps it is stupid, but.... -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

I'm new (obviously) to this game. it runs fine, but I have trouble with mods.. usually, when I install mods the game either will not start (I see the starting screen for BF1942) and then it just closes (CTD) and the game never starts, or a mod begins to load when I activate it but the game quits (CTD) before the mod loads.

Also, I am not sure how to tell if a mod supports single player. I'm not really into the online thing, just my prefernce...so I'd like to know which mods are good for single player.

Thanks for any help!

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Ronin_FM3;3510432I'm new (obviously) to this game. it runs fine, but I have trouble with mods.. usually, when I install mods the game either will not start (I see the starting screen for BF1942) and then it just closes (CTD) and the game never starts, or a mod begins to load when I activate it but the game quits (CTD) before the mod loads.

Also, I am not sure how to tell if a mod supports single player. I'm not really into the online thing, just my prefernce...so I'd like to know which mods are good for single player.

Thanks for any help!

1) You need to update you copy of bf1942 to the latest version, most mods require that.

2) If the mod says it supports SP then it supports SP, if doesn't say it supports SP then it doens't support SP.

AK

:smokin:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 11 years ago

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Well, I patched BF 1942 (and BFV also)...however, still no go for mods/add ons. I can find the the Desert Fighting add on in custom games, and some others like Historic Stalingrad which I downloaded and installed, but when I try to activate them, nothing really happens. It seems as if the sim is loading whatever I have selected but then it returns to the same screen again. So, if I select something again and click "activate", the same thing happens again...sim seems to be loading but I end up back where I was, with the only apparent choice to yet again select something from the list of things I downloaded and installed.

I must really be missing something. Maybe these things are only for online play? But then I thought they would be found under "multiplayer", not "custom".

And for BFV ( getting no answers in BFV forum at all!), I do not even see the items I downloaded and installed ( although at least, since taking your advice and patching BFV, it no longer crashes on start up if I install mods/maps or whatever...but as I said, the game does not display what I have installed, only the stock missions the game comes with.

Thanks!!!!)

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago
Ronin_FM3;3513949I select something again and click "activate", the same thing happens again...sim seems to be loading but I end up back where I was, with the only apparent choice to yet again select something from the list of things I downloaded and installed.

Are you sure that the file was completely downloaded? They may still install, if the download failed.

Are they Mini-mods, or Total Conversions.

Mini-mods will drop you right back to where you were, but add a few maps to the multiplayer list (which you can play offline, just without bots.). They should be marked by a new icon.

Total Conversions (BF Pirates, Interstate 1982, Galactic Conquest, Forgotten Hope, Desert Combat, etc...) will change the background, buttons, and the music, but still drop you back to where you were.

General Rommel

BF2 Files Staff

50 XP

25th October 2004

0 Uploads

2,822 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

Happend to me before, turn of xfire : )