trance

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th April 2004

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#1 17 years ago

[color=black]Okay, call me a dumbo "trance, you're a Dumbo" but ive installed maps from the download section and put them into the 1942 levels folder but can't see them in the menu screen when playing. In the levels folder there only seems to be 1 file, where as the maps i can play have 3: .rfa;_000.rfa and _003.rfa[/color]

[color=black]Ive got the delux edition patched upto V1.6.[/color]

[color=black]There's obviously some RTFM answer here, but any suggestions?[/color]

[color=black]Thanks, trance. [/color]

[AH]Sgt. Stu

"Enemy is oblitafried!"

50 XP

4th January 2004

0 Uploads

132 Posts

0 Threads

#2 17 years ago

have you put them in this folder C:\....\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Archives\bf1942\levels , also have you tried going to multiplayer-->create game-->then starting a lan of it, the maps you got could be non-bot supported.

greenbudsmapediting

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

119 Posts

0 Threads

#3 17 years ago

the ones with numbers _000.rfa and .003.rfa are patches for maps...they wont show if you put them in without the origional map

trance

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th April 2004

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#4 17 years ago

mmmm,thanks for the replies guys. All i did was unzip the files (and I installed the EA competition winners) into the location mentioned above and I aint seeing anything. guess I'll keep on trying. Maybe a reinstall...........

omega12

BF1942 rocks! BFVietnam rocks!

50 XP

7th May 2003

0 Uploads

148 Posts

0 Threads

#5 17 years ago

Where did you try to run them? (Single- or Multiplayer?)

Eagle One

:-D

50 XP

22nd December 2003

0 Uploads

2,992 Posts

0 Threads

#6 17 years ago

go onto Multiplayer, then Create Game, then see if your maps are there, to go on them, double click them and go onto Start Local to play | thats how to start a lan if you didnt know

trance

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th April 2004

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#7 17 years ago

Thanks again, yeah just read the manual......i can see them in this miltiplayer setup, but not in co-op, and you only get bots in co-op. Is there a way to add bots in conquest and the other types? trance...... edit:ah, just found co-op levels to download....at last, new maps to play with!

trance

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th April 2004

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#8 17 years ago

righty ho..... finally downloaded desert combat.....thats fixed a lot of problems. there are still too many maps that arent Co-op cooperative:lol: is there an easy way to edit them in the map editor to make the co-op type games? If they're good to run online how can i make it work offline???? Thanks in advance, trance.