L337

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

802 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

yea wen i try to in stall house party it just has the play icon when its not even in stalled i have no clue what to do. :confused: :smack: :feedback: :Party3:

tyriel

Waiting For Half-Life 3...

50 XP

28th November 2002

0 Uploads

1,393 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

double deluxe has house party in it so there's no need to install it again

L337

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

802 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

i kno but house party is a serperate cd in it u have to install the first cd then manually install house party...

BabyBlueKittyKat

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th December 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

[color=darkorchid]Okay, I hope that this helps. Uninstall everything you have installed if you have not done it in the correct order, then install everything in the correct order found on a slip of paper given to you inside the box. First Deluxe Edition CD 1, then CD 2, then House Party, and then if you want the BONUS CD. After everything is installed insert the House Party CD and it will say it wants you to put in CD 1. Do so and Deluxe Edition will install again along with CD 2. Just follow the directions. After words inert CD 1 and play. The House Party items will appear in the buy section. Hope this helps. Any further problems just ask because I went through this too.:) [/color]

Oz_Freak73

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th June 2004

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

I'm having the same problem now and I've had double deluxe installed before. I tried to put hot date on my computer but there were all kinds of errors. The sound wouldn't work,some of the items from double deluxe wouldn't load,I couldn't get certain sims to go downtown and so on. I decided to uninstall them both & reinstall but I could only get hot date to uninstall. Everytime I tried to uninstall double deluxe it said there was an error and it tried to install it again, I let it install once and then it stopped after I had finished with the second time you put in CD 1 and came up with the play instead of the install for house party. It wouldn't play though, it just tries to start installing from the beginning everytime.

Swissalo

I live under beds

50 XP

18th April 2004

0 Uploads

105 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Go to theSims.com and download The Sims Eraser. That'll clear the registry for a clean install.

But, when you place CD 1 back in the second time, it will do the command for play as it is the master disk. You'd need to place the House Party disk in to install House Party, which is in the second CD case, you might want to get a sharpie or something and label the CD Jewel Cases because when re-installs take place it can lead to confusion on which disk you need to use for what.