Jay Ray

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

6th August 2008

0 Uploads

24 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

can someone please tell me why i get kicked from games with punkbuster enabled?,,,, im new to the game, never cheated (never likley too either), i get some vague message like "limited os privelages" or something to that effect,,, ive just formatted my machine, re-installed bf1942, along with FH, DC, GC and patch 1.6,,, could this be the reason?:bows:

BK898

People say I post too much

50 XP

5th September 2004

0 Uploads

3,147 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

*moved*

ree3162003

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

9th June 2003

0 Uploads

136 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Limited os privelages mean you are not logged on in Windows as the admin. Make shure you are logged in as admin and then try to get in a server.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 15 years ago

I am also having a problem with punkbuster. Maybe one of yall can help me out with this. I have been playing Battlefield 1942-DC mod- Dc Final----for quite awhile now. I have never had this happen to me before until now. Here recently I can not get into the game cause punkbuster kicks me out. OK, here it is: I load up my game (battlefield1942). Find the server that I want to get on. It connects to the server just fine. Loads the map up ( whatever map it is at that time). As soon as the map finishes loading on the loading bar. It waits for about 20 seconds. Then it kicks me back to the main menu in Battlefield 1942. This is what it reads: You have been kicked via punkbuster (for 0 minutes)....RESTRICTIONS:Inadequate O/S priviledges Does anybody know what is going on with this. I have not fdisk or formateed my PC. Everything elae on my PC runs just fine (other games and everything). I do not cheat. never have and never will. I have completely uninstalled everything to do with Battlefield 1942. I have reinstalled it all. Now, after I reinstall it, it lets me get on a server for almost the whole map. Then it kicks me again due to the punkbuster thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 15 years ago

Also I am logged in as computer admin. Me and some of my friend have checked this out already. Just to let yall know.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

There is some adware software that causes this problem with punkbuster called "VX2.betterinternet", which changes user rights and policies.

Try scanning your system using this tool:

http://tools.zerosrealm.com/VX2Finder.exe (it seems to be clean of viruses and do what it says it does, it is recommended by "evenbalance.com")

If you don't find the adware it may have been removed by spybot or ad-aware but the user policies may not have been corrected, so they will need to be changed back to what they were originally.

There is some more info about this problem on punkbusters info pages here;

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=faq-bf1942.php

Good luck

AK

:smokin:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 15 years ago

I'm worse off than that yet. I can't get BF to even boot up.