Shintsu

For the glory of Helghan

50 XP

9th April 2005

0 Uploads

12,926 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Ok, sorry if this was posted somewhere else, but I looked and didn't see it. Everytime I play on a FH server with Punkbuster, I can play fine for about 10-15 mins, then it takes me back to the Server list and shows me a window that says "Kicked (2 Min) Time Out Trying to Update Client." I really dont know what the problem is, I never had it before I formatted my hard drive, and only until recently has it started. In fact, just a day or so ago I uninstalled Bf1942 and reinstalled it and it still does it. I am connected through Cable if that makes a difference. Any suggestions to fix this? Thanks.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

Sounds like a firewall problem. This is from the www.evenbalance.com website, you may need to open this port to allow punkbuster access to the master server.

PunkBuster for Battlefield 1942 uses outgoing UDP Port 14567 to communicate with Master Servers.

if it still doesn't work you may find more help on the punkbuster website.

AK

:smokin:

Shintsu

For the glory of Helghan

50 XP

9th April 2005

0 Uploads

12,926 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

I'll try that, but I've always had issues with opening ports on any game. That plus I use no firewall, at least no software firewall.

Woolf

Arrrrrr. Epic Boom.

50 XP

1st April 2005

0 Uploads

205 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

Download the "PBWEB" from EvenBalance. Place PBWEB in your PunkBuster folder and run it. You will be updated to the latest version.