BlackFeather

Not Rude Dude

50 XP

21st October 2002

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Well what can I say except My puter crashes now when it starts loading bf map on single or multiplayer. I've been playing BF ever since it came out and Never had a problem with crashes or rebooting. Now what I did was upgrade the Punk Buster. and also got the new mod Galactic Conquest. Everything was working great and the mod is really cool, Then I was playing the other day on -=Elite=- Playground server and the puter crashed, it rebooted and I got back into the server and it crashed again. So I ran a scan disk and it fixed 2 files that were messed up.The computer works fine with all other programs and stays up, as soon as I get into BF it crashes.. So Now that was pissing me off so I Formated the computer and reinstalled XP pro. and all the latest drivers

P-4 intel - 2 ghz processor 1 ghz mem 128mb nvidia 5200 graphics card sound blaster sound card

I have never had this problem before but now it's just this game bf. after I reinstalled bf I installed it with just the minimal patches and no mods. It still crashed. What to do ??? I'm out of Ideas whats wrong. Thanks for anyone feedback, maybe there's a site I can check out mobo, I don't know, Any Ideas ?

Thanks

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

Hi Blackfeather,

When you re-installed did you remember to install the motherboard drivers that came with the computer?

It would be helpful if you posted your DXdiag output so we could have a look at it.

Do you have any other 3D games that you play? (like Doom 3, HL2 etc) that run ok or do you only play BF1942?

AK

:smokin:

BlackFeather

Not Rude Dude

50 XP

21st October 2002

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Hi well I do play doom 3 and it works fine.. this crash just started with bf1942. it really sucks because I've been playing this since 2002 and never had any problems. Ok heres what I got.

Field Value Motherboard Properties Motherboard ID 63-0100-000001-00101111-022603-i845$P845E10A_BIOS Date: 02/26/03 13:28:24 Ver: 08. Motherboard Name Intel Billings 2 D845EBG2 Front Side Bus Properties Bus Type Intel NetBurst Bus Width 64-bit Real Clock 100 MHz (QDR) Effective Clock 400 MHz Bandwidth 3200 MB/s Memory Bus Properties Bus Type DDR SDRAM Bus Width 64-bit Real Clock 133 MHz (DDR) Effective Clock 267 MHz Bandwidth 2133 MB/s Chipset Bus Properties Bus Type Intel Hub Interface Bus Width 8-bit Real Clock 67 MHz (QDR) Effective Clock 267 MHz Bandwidth 267 MB/s Motherboard Physical Info CPU Sockets/Slots 1 Expansion Slots 6 PCI, 1 AGP RAM Slots 2 DIMM Integrated Devices Audio Form Factor ATX Motherboard Size 210 mm x 300 mm Motherboard Chipset i845E

moiz615

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

12th October 2008

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

When running bf42 in full screen mode, any critical errors result in a crash to desktop. If you run the game in windowed mode, you usually will get an error dialog displaying what went wrong. There is no way to set the game to run in windowed mode from the game menus. You have to set this manually by editing this file: (game install folder)\Mods\Bf1942\Settings\VideoDefault.con Where (game install folder) is where the game is installed, usually its installed in: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942 Open the VideoDefault.con in any text editor and change this line from: renderer.setFullScreen 1 to: renderer.setFullScreen 0 The error dialog itself may not provide enough information to solve the problem. The listed error tend to be a little cryptic. There is a better way. EA released the game debugger some time ago and it keeps detailed debugging logs that can provide much more information. The game debugger is at: http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/1942/us/editorial/debug_download.jsp It comes with instruction on how to set it up and use it. The log files are kept off the mod folder you are playing and they are huge! What ever problem is causing the crash should be listed toward the end of the logs and pretty easy to find.

BlackFeather

Not Rude Dude

50 XP

21st October 2002

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

This is the error I'm getting, I'm at this moment changing the video to 0. and see what that does ..I've never had to do anything before. this all just started having the problem.. Thanks for the info, I will let you know whats up. here is the error message I'm getting after it reboots.

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 804EF44E BCP3 : EDAADBFC BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump|mini060105-03.dmp C:\DOCUME~1|LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xmi

BlackFeather

Not Rude Dude

50 XP

21st October 2002

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

I tryed to download the debug file but the readme file that first shows is so big that I can't scroll down.

BlackFeather

Not Rude Dude

50 XP

21st October 2002

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

Ok I tried the 1 to 0 on video default and it opened in a smaller window , It started loading the map and just before it was done, the puter crashed again. Sucks !!! I'm going to put the video monitor in higher res and see if it will make the readme thing smaller. Got do do something. I'm having withdraws not being able to play..

BlackFeather

Not Rude Dude

50 XP

21st October 2002

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

I found out what it was !!! I downloaded GCX mod, I already had GC installed and wanted to try the Extended mod. Well As soon as I installed it I played it for about 10 minutes, and the computer crashed. I went through alot trying to figure out what was causing the crash, After 3 Formats. Last night I installed GCX again the updated one. GCXb and tried to play it last night, Pretty neat mod. then my speakers made a Wierd sound, then it crashed again, After it rebooted, I Unistalled GCX and tried to play regular BF1942 , it wouldn't even load a map before it crashed again. So I followed the path for the corrupt file after it rebooted and it was one file from GCX that saved in applications. I deleted that one and My BF1942 games been working again with no problems... The Regular GC works ok and fun but I won't load GCX again for what it did to my Computer . I came Close to getting another video card or power supply, cause I couldn't figure it out..

I don't know if anyone else has problems with GCX, but just wanted to let all know that this happened to me with it. and warning anyone that is having the same problem..

Thanks