"Please Insert Correct CD-Rom" even tho original cd is in -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

ive got the original cd in and get this message. ive tried both cd 1 and cd 2 but still doesnt start game. ive searched around but couldnt find help. please help...ive got the original game so it should work. (im also a noob)

Chandu

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

28th November 2005

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Hmm...it could be two things. 1) You dont have the original, you are somehow mistaken, and I cannot help you in that case. 2) I've had this problem with Caesar 3, and it could be the same problem that you are having. Ok, so read carefully. If you have installed the game from your CD ROM drive, whose drive letter is F: (say), and if you have another Optical drive whose drive letter is G: (say), and if you inserted first CD in G: drive and you are trying to play the same, you might get that "Insert Correct CD-ROM" error. So try use the same drive for playing which you have used for installing the game. This might solve your problem. I couldn't understand why Caesar 3 wouldn't work for me, and when I used the drive that I used for installation, it would work. So you could give it a shot. Hell you have nothing to lose :D

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 12 years ago

ya gave that a shot. used 1 the whole way and....no dice. ps it definately is the original...i got it for $10 from Electronic Boutique at a sale ;D

Yannick

A psychedelic experience.

50 XP

16th April 2004

0 Uploads

10,644 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

Might be just a faulty disk then - try technical support.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 12 years ago

this seems a common problem...yet i havnt found an answer...just lots of threads that go on and on. hey wats the email for tech support?

Chandu

50 XP

28th November 2005

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

That you might want to read in the 'Read me' file and email one of them. Better still take it back to the store and ask for a replacement. Since you got it in a sle, I don't if that could be possible. But I think it's worth trying.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 12 years ago

man this is killing me. its not the cd...its sometin to do with my drives or something. under EAHelp which comes with the game....they say for this problem: "Removable Drive Issues Removable hard drives will often force windows to view your systems drives differently. Most often affected is the letter of the CDROM drive. Examples of a few errors that are generated due to the CDROM drive letter being changed by a removable drive are an error stating to insert Game CD into drive or an error stating a game file is missing. To alleviate a problem of this nature, first uninstall the game using add remove programs or the games own uninstall utility. Then reinstall the game under the CD-ROM’s new drive letter association" i reinstalled it....but it didnt work. still same problem. damn its frustrating

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 12 years ago

edit: the game works on a laptop just fine so i know the problem has to do with my comp which has 2 cdroms....bf1942 cant read it or sometin

Chandu

50 XP

28th November 2005

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

Why not temporarily disconnect one of the optical drives and check if the game is working or not. If it isn't, we'll try to figure a way out.