Random Crash -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

Hi. I've just installed Battlefield 1942 again after upgrading my computer. Whenever I play, about a minute or so after starting a level, the game hangs,(the music loops, but the screen freezes and windows task manager says not responding). There's no entry in windows error viewer. My system; asus a8n sli deluxe mobo athlon 64 x2 4800+ 1gb ram 2x geforce 7800 gtx cards. windows xp professional I think I have all the most up to date drivers. Does anyone know of any issues with this game?

The#1Spot

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

20th October 2005

0 Uploads

475 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

is your processor dual core

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

Yes it is

athlon 64 x2 4800+

Try setting the processor affinity to one CPU and see if that helps, otherwise it sounds lke a vid card issue, or possibly memory athough I would expect an error message if it was memory.

AK

:smokin:

bullet_from_behind

nG.Method

50 XP

24th October 2005

0 Uploads

375 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

What exactly did you upgrade?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 12 years ago

I upgraded everything save for the cd drive and screen. My processor is dual core- I tried using affinity 0 on its own, no help. It could be the vid cards, but they run battlefield 2 ok as well as all my other software. I have had problems with norton antivirus- not sure if this is to blame though. (I mean files changed on install rather than interference while playing)- anyone had similar probs?

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Did you re-install from scratch when you upgraded?

AK

:smokin:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 12 years ago

Yes, I did install from scratch. (I upgraded my hard disk so that was unavoidable). I seem to have sorted out the problem though. I managed to play without it hanging. When I installed Battlefield I got an error about some files being overwritten. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it though.

TheOlive

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th May 2006

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

Probably not. You reinstaled it right ? It might of had a corrputed file and it wouldnt go through. Reinstaling mostly fixes the problem Lol..