smiler

Time is money

50 XP

6th March 2005

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Everytime I startup BF1942 it takes between 3-5 minutes just to get to the menu. Then when I get to the menu, it takes another 3 minutes just to load the map from a selected server. Please help.:lookaround:

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago
smilerEverytime I startup BF1942 it takes between 3-5 minutes just to get to the menu. Then when I get to the menu, it takes another 3 minutes just to load the map from a selected server. Please help.:lookaround:

That's unusual for a setup like yours, it should abpunt 30 seconds to load a map, if that. have you chekced for unusual apps running in the background (ie: spyware/malware.

AK

:smokin:

smiler

Time is money

50 XP

6th March 2005

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Sup AK. Yes. I have Spyware Doctor and Anti-virus Sym. running. When I game, I turn these off by right click in tray then exit. I turned off the XP firewall and placed my computer in the DMZ on the DI-604 router. I don't see anything unusual in the startup.

This driving me crazy. I need help. :uhoh:

smiler

Time is money

50 XP

6th March 2005

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

If I provide my DX file can you take a look?

apocalypse_kidThat's unusual for a setup like yours, it should abpunt 30 seconds to load a map, if that. have you chekced for unusual apps running in the background (ie: spyware/malware. AK :smokin: