ScOrPY Advanced Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

15,582 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago
KillerDreamingI don't know, How can I find out?

Start > run > dxdiag > HIT ENTER > Sound Tab

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

If you can't work out what sound card you have from the DXdiag utility then hit the "save all information" button at the bottom and postt he resulting text file here where we can read it.

AK

:smokin:

KillerDreaming

World's Biggest Loser

50 XP

5th November 2004

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago

I had to make the DxDiag.txt file into a .zip because it was too big.. I also took a screenshot of the Sounds tab window so you could read it yourself..

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#14 15 years ago

I had been playing for over a year and then for some reason starting having sound problems. I get music while the map loads but as soon as the game starts with the map loaded, I loose all sound. I've uninstalled/reinstalled. Tried all the patches. Decreased hardware accelleration. Updated my SB Audigy Gamer drivers, tried rolling them back. Nothing works. I miss playing BF1942 but I'm stumped. I'm running XP Pro. Anyone have any ideas???

ILoveWeed&BF1942

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

101 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago
KillerDreamingYeah, I have ANOTHER problem but just bare with me, Eventually my problem's will be over and you won't have to help me anymore.. Well, My sound sound's like it is sped up about 2X and is all chipmunky, Please help!

i had this exact same problem. then i bought a cheap sound card. Problem fixed. After seeing your directx screeshot i see you use onboard sound. thats the problem 1 of the requirements for BF1942 is that it requires a soundcard.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago
ILoveWeed&BF1942i had this exact same problem. then i bought a cheap sound card. Problem fixed. After seeing your directx screeshot i see you use onboard sound. thats the problem 1 of the requirements for BF1942 is that it requires a soundcard.

Um, a good onboard sound solution will work ok also, however the VIA AC97 setup is not a good onboard sound solution, I use a Soundblaster Live 5.1 because my onboard sound systrem wasn't up to the job.

AK

:smokin: