*bRoDy*

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th December 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

everytime I try to run The Sims Superstar it tells me "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application" But I know I have the right cd in there and I tried everything and im about to give up. When I had the regular Sims game in my computer it worked fine. How do I make the game detect the cd in the drive? PLEASE HELP ME!

xgamerx

Willy Wonka ate my chocolate

50 XP

7th July 2003

0 Uploads

100 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Good question... It could be that the order that you installed the games so if you installed others in a messed up order that could cause it... There is also a maybe that it could just be your system that either it can't read that cd or there is a scratch on the cd. I would call Maxis and ask them about that one

bel230

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Did you try restarting your computer with the cd in?

*bRoDy*

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th December 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

I know I didn't install it wrong. I installed The Sims first, then I installed Superstar. Maybe It is because I have a burner and there is anti-burn softwear in Superstar and Its messing me up. I am also running the game in the burner, But that should not make a difference anyways, I run alot of other games in the burner. Or I thought It could be that "most" people have a D drive, which I do not. And when the game looks for the cd and it can't find it cause my drive has a different name which is F. If thats the case then I just want to know how to make the game detect the cd in my drive. Alot of electronic arts games always irritate me and I used to have Need For Speed 3 and it gave me pretty much the same problems. I don't know why there softwear has to suck to much. You would have thought I would have learned my lesson but there has to be a way to fix this problem. :kerian:

bgirvine

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

23rd March 2004

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

I have Noticed the same problem with Unleased and makin Magic i am running windows xp pro so if any one can figure out what this problem is thyen plese send me a PM

Swissalo

I live under beds

50 XP

18th April 2004

0 Uploads

105 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

I know that after installing Makin Magic I could no longer use my Double Delexe Cd to play the game. I had to use the Makin Magic CD to play the game as it is the most current Sims game out. Granted I don't have Superstar so I don't know if this relates or not.

But try playing the game with the SuperStar disk in your computer.

Having the game in a burner shouldn't be a problem, I reloaded mine using my burner after I got Makin Magic because it's a 12x reader speed compared to my computer's 4x reader speed.

And the drive doesn't matter, it's just what drive you place the CD in to play, it could be named the X drive and the game wouldn't care as long as when you uploaded the game you told it which drive to look for, which is what your burner's drive is and not what the game's instruction book said. I did that before I realized my drives for Cds are named G and F.....

JKenobi

I Spam

50 XP

7th February 2004

0 Uploads

288 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

First check that you have enough space in your drive.

bgirvine

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

23rd March 2004

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

I have just got my version of makin magic to work by updating the nforce 2 drivers for my motherboard so maybe this could be the problem you are having also