BlackFeather

Not Rude Dude

50 XP

21st October 2002

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Well If anyone's been having trouble with Blue screen and Crashes while trying to play BF 1942 or bf 2 , try this..

I have had Crashes after just a couple of minutes of trying to play a good game.. I have had the trouble for about a month, I couldn't play. I even bought a new Video card ATI 9550 , it replaced a Nvidia 5200, I thought that would fix the problem cause my nvidia was getting hot. Well after I installed it. I loaded BF1942, and after 2 minutes it crashed again. Really ticked me off. So I got a program called ( Everest ) you can check benchmark and overall everything about your computer. I looked up chipsets southbridge, intel. after I already updated my bios and sound drivers.. I never thought to check the INF chipset drivers.. So I downloaded the drivers for the Mobo chipset INF and I couldn't believe it. I didn't crash anymore.. I played BF last night for 3 hours. Then I tried BF2 expecting for it to crash, And I played that for 2 hours.. No More Crashhhhh.. Yeah !!!

So I suggest to try this. It can't hurt, It helped my Computer..

Here's the site for Everest, benchmark software. It's free

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

The check your Chipset out, and go to the link for the updates that it gives you for your mobo. and update your INF chipset.. Good Luck with the crashes and hope this will Help you all that are having the Blue Screen Of Death, Or major Crashes ..

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago
BlackFeather I even bought a new Video card ATI 9550 , it replaced a Nvidia 5200,

Well done, however wouldn't have replaced the 5200 with a 9550, it's not a big enough step up to justify the money, you should have gone for a 9800 at least.

My normal advice to ppl is to update all their drivers including mobo, did you.

AK

:smokin:

BlackFeather

Not Rude Dude

50 XP

21st October 2002

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Yup, Done all the updates, when I went to different forums, they usually say to update your bios and video and sound. thats it. I updated everything. but never the inf chipset. I did that yesterday and it now works great. I know I should of got the 9800. But the nvidia I was having trouble with the fan, it was over heating, not working right.. Plus I traded an old cpu I had and didn't use for the card. no money came out of my pocket ..

Anyway I'm just happy with no more crashes ..

Jay7219

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

6th January 2004

0 Uploads

298 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

I have had a problem(s) with BF2 when I was adjusting my VGA properties and changing CON. settings. I cant say for sure because there are so many options in the video control panel but, Things like DXT textures, compressed textures and Z-buffer depths would be a good place to look. I also installed a coop mod, and a 32/64 SP mod that seemed to crash my system when I would attempt MP. If you have any mods, try starting the game after you delete them.

BlackFeather

Not Rude Dude

50 XP

21st October 2002

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

Hey Jay, YESSS !! I tried the newest mod for bf 1942 coop 3.0 it worked for a little while. then I shut my puter down. and 3 hours later I decided to play regular BF and when I started the game it crashed restarted the puter. tried it 3 different time, I ended up Deleting the game, and reinstalling it, also had trouble with getting the mod out. But it works now. So no more mods like that again for me..

It also happened in BF 2 with the coop mod...

BlackFeather

Not Rude Dude

50 XP

21st October 2002

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

Hey Jay, YESSS !! I tried the newest mod for bf 1942 coop 3.0 it worked for a little while. then I shut my puter down. and 3 hours later I decided to play regular BF and when I started the game it crashed restarted the puter. tried it 3 different time, I ended up Deleting the game, and reinstalling it, also had trouble with getting the mod out. But it works now. So no more mods like that again for me.. It did it in BF 2 also.. I still have to delete it. I played it for 10 minutes and it crashed to the desktop..