smiler

Time is money

50 XP

6th March 2005

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

I have two pcs on the same network. Both have identical bf1942 files. One pc shows all servers and the other does not show all bf servers. All filters are clear. Help!

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Are you running two installs of BF1942 and are you sharing the same CD key?

EasyCompany

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th March 2005

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

i just got bf1942 ww2 anthology a while back and my roommate was wondering if he could install it on his pc too, i was just wondering if online play lets 2 pcs use the same cd key? we are hooked up with a router

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 16 years ago

well i have had no problem doing this, as i run a lan, so i use the same cd key for both computers, but only as a lan! also make sure you are runing latest patch

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

I know that if two different PC's are using the same CD key and one tries to connect to the same server you get a "cd key in use" message.

PsykOtiReX

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd March 2005

0 Uploads

132 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago
danb00well i have had no problem doing this, as i run a lan, so i use the same cd key for both computers, but only as a lan! also make sure you are runing latest patch

What ??? I have a big problem wth my cd key. I contact Ea games but they are too stupid.madx.gif:moon:

smiler

Time is money

50 XP

6th March 2005

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

To reply to everyones supportive comments, I have two PCs each running official games of BF1942. Therefore both have an official CDkey. The PCs are on a LAN that is connected to the internet via router. Both PCs have identical ports open and identical patched and BF1942 exe files installed. However, when I update on BF1942 multiplayer we find that the servers in the list are not identical. This is also apparent when you look at the number of servers and players online. The numbers are different. Also all filter are clear. Any ideas out there.

halucinator

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

4th March 2005

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

1st-Make sure you click update on both Computers. 2nd-Click on the users so that it lists the users from Most users to least users. When it does that, Match the 2 top servers to see if they have the same amount of people and are the same server. BTW when playing bf1942 and you both try to connect to the same server, you will get a CD-key in use message on one of the computers. This is only if BOTH of the computers are running the cd-key so that if a cd-key is stolen, only one person can play. Of course EA games has like millions just laying around to be used, so a quick call to their tech support or an email might be able to get yourself a new one. (not that I'm trying to get free cd-keys for anyone...No really, stealing is bad)

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago
smilerThe PCs are on a LAN that is connected to the internet via router. Both PCs have identical ports open and identical patched and BF1942 exe files installed........Any ideas out there.

Assuming when you say ports open you mean it the firewall on each computer? Or are you trying to use port forwarding on the router itself? if you are using port forwarding on the router then you should disable it if you are using BF on two different machines on the same LAN to connect to internet servers because it just may cause the problems you are describing.

AK

:smokin:

Eagle One

:-D

50 XP

22nd December 2003

0 Uploads

2,992 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

i was always under the impression it was illegal to use the same copy of BF1942 on any 2 PCs at the same time