El Capatan

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

21st September 2004

0 Uploads

44 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

not sure if this is the right fourm..please tell me if im wrong but....im starting to save my money for a notebook and im wondering if this video card would be decent for playing games like BF....128MB DDR ATI's Mobility Radeon 9700 AGP 8X graphics???

ree3162003

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

9th June 2003

0 Uploads

136 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago
El Capatannot sure if this is the right fourm..please tell me if im wrong but....im starting to save my money for a notebook and im wondering if this video card would be decent for playing games like BF....128MB DDR ATI's Mobility Radeon 9700 AGP 8X graphics???

I dont know a great deal about the mobility versions of the Radeon cards, but I do know that a notebook is not a very good choice for gaming. Why not use a full sized PC instead.

El Capatan

50 XP

21st September 2004

0 Uploads

44 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

cause i could play anywhere :cool: that would be awesome...but i'm still figuring out what type of PC/notebook to get...Also...is the ATI X800 the best videocard out from ATI? if you got a notebook with enough stuff in it to run games well wouldn't you be able to play games well...like if you got 1GB ram 3 ghz good video card..wouldn't you be able to play games well?

wildchild31

time wiat for no one

50 XP

10th January 2007

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

sure i think so, my friend has a dimension xps laptop, the top of the line one and he palys doom 3 with the settings jacked all day long. thats why they make those "gaming laptops"

but i dont think that laptops will ever be as good as desktops especially for games, and yeah the mobility cards arent always as good as their desktop counterparts. but should a nice laptop be able to play games like BF, sure jsut make sure you get a nice one, it should do ok, but dont expect amazing performance

Master of Reality

I'm lying when I say trust me

50 XP

8th June 2004

0 Uploads

10,166 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

its all a question of how much money you are willing to spend, like 5,000 bucks+ if your looking at a gaming laptop with the best hardware.

El Capatan

50 XP

21st September 2004

0 Uploads

44 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

yeah i just want to get a reletavly cheap computer with just enough extra crap to run that game well...like GHZ Vid card...RAM and n that stuff...i think im look at the comps on dell.com...know of any other good places to buy comps?