Afr0EmoMike

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

ok....what is virtual memory?? why do i have to keep increasing my virtual memory to play Battlefield? It seems like If I dont Keep increasing it,Batttlefield wont work...When its loading the map from the server...the load bar fills up all the way and either 2 things happen..1).Nothing happens at all,it just seems to stay at the loading screen forever & # 2) It crashes to desk top and theres this little icon on the bottom right-hand corner of my desktop that say "low virtual memory" PLEASE HELP

TribalSun

No soup for you !!!

50 XP

11th December 2003

0 Uploads

69 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Virtual memory is what your computer uses when you begin running out of actual memory (RAM). Virtual memory uses your hardrive to act as additional RAM, it is much much slower then normal RAM and you will see a significant drop in performance.

My suggestion is to close any unneeded apps before running BF42 or your best bet is to install more RAM. RAM is cheap and is an easy thing to do yourself. Go here crucial.com to purchase more ram or check your local Best Buy.

BF1942_AZ

Forgotten Hope Veteran

50 XP

3rd April 2003

0 Uploads

140 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

another thing you can do on top of more ram to improve performance is to turn off the ingame music. the map loads ALOT faster when it is off.

SirDude

The Matrix Pwns.

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

438 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Memory is becoming an increasing problem with modern resource-hungry games. Here are some things you can do. First, you can increase the amount of virtual memory (I always use around 1GB) but the most ideal is buying more physical memory. To modify your virtual memory size right click on My Computer, then click Properties, then click the Advanced Tab, click Performance Settings, click Advanced, then click Change under Virtual Memory. It's best to have the minimum and maximum custome values be the same because Window's Virtual Memory management is very bad. Once you have set it to 1024MB click Set.

If you purchase some new memory (which it sounds like you should do soon) some good brands are, Kingston, Buffalo, Corsair, Crucial and Mushkin.

One gigabyte (1GB) of physical memory really helps out BF1942. I went from 512MB to 1GB and it really helped performance on big Desert Combat maps.

Hope this helps!

-SirDude

Bobhopeheeddie

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th October 2003

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

YEa i had the same problem you guys are good help :bows:

:rock: MERRY CHRISTMAS! :rock:

SirDude

The Matrix Pwns.

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

438 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

BobhopeheeddieYEa i had the same problem you guys are good help :bows:

:rock: MERRY CHRISTMAS! :rock:

You too. :)

Afr0EmoMike

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Thanks Guys...lol i gotta get a job :-p,But thank you for the help guys MERRY XMAS!