Which Version From Basic Bf1942???? -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

Man, I'm so frustrated. I had to wipe out all my BF files (long story). I have the basic store bought version of BF1942 and want to eventually get back to Desert Combat. I downloaded and installed 1.4 to 1.45. When I did that it told me I had version 1.03. Never found anything with that version. I also have downloaded the FULL 1.6. After doing that I could not get BF up and running at all! I reinstalled BF, then FULL 1.6 and same results. Even installed 1.6 to 1.6b with zero luck! Any suggestions. Can SOMEONE tell me what exact versions are need to get to DC??? Thanks! Allen

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

1.6 full (and make sure it is full and not incremental), 1.6 to 1.61b incremental <- and both of these should be client files, not server. Then get DC 0.7 and DC:Final.

AK

:smokin:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 11 years ago

apocalypse_kid;35256561.6 full (and make sure it is full and not incremental), 1.6 to 1.61b incremental <- and both of these should be client files, not server. Then get DC 0.7 and DC:Final.

AK

:smokin:

Thanks AK. I just wiped out every single thing BF or related on my machine. Reinstalled BF1942. It ran fine, no sound but I'm okay with that for now. Then down loaded 1.6 full (267mb) client. Tried running BF and it came up with an error. I'm out of options. Any advice?? :mad: Allen

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago
allenb;3525685Tried running BF and it came up with an error. I'm out of options. Any advice?? :mad: Allen

What was the error? :rolleyes:

What type of video card do you have, and have you updated the drivers.

What OS do you have. We will presume it is Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Are you using DirectX 9c?

Have you updated your sound card drivers?

What is the make, and Model of your PC?