monkeyass07

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th March 2003

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I just got Windows XP Pro and did a full install. But now when i ever play a game such as bf1942, windows crashes and reboots. After windows reboots i get an error message that says windows has recovered from a serious error and i send this error to microsoft and a toubleshooting window opens that says there is a problem with my graphics card driver. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest nvidia divers and i still have the problem. It only seems to crash when i am playing DirectX game(bf1942, ut2004), cause i can play opengl games such as counter strike and wolfenstien:ET without any problems.

MSI K7N2 Delta-L AMD Athlon XP 2700+ Crucial 512mb PC2700 Gefroce FX 5200 Ultra

Jay7219

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

6th January 2004

0 Uploads

298 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Does it crash at a particular point in any game ( IE. everytime that you use a specific vehicle, or play a particular map ). Could be heat ( some games by nature ( advanced games more so ) require lots of system resources. As a result more heat. New computers have 'thermal' protection that could be re-booting your computer. Sounds like a software issue though! Have you got your "windows updates"? Do you have SP1 for XP PRO? Some programs require ( video drivers for example ) SP1 to run. With your reply, try to be more specific. Observe strange behaviour or write down recent changes to your PC. Compare ( it only crashes when I ..... Humm it may have something to do with ...... )

monkeyass07

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th March 2003

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I do have sp1 installled and every update on windows update except the graphics diver installed. It doesnt crash at any specific point, such as in bf1942 it can crash when im looking for a sever to play on, it can crash when i am loading a map, or when i am playing on any map. It usually crashes within 5 mins of starting up the game, but every once in a while it doest crash for 15 mins.

monkeyass07

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th March 2003

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

I uninstalled and tryed to reinstalled bf1942. After i enter the cd key the install window freezes and after about a min. an error messeage comes up...

Error String MSGBOX_NO_DDRAW_NO_VERSION was not found in string table.

Then click ok on that error messeage and this comes up...

Servere MSGBOX_NO_DDRAW_NO_VERSION(DXSetup-a)