SithBob

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Ive downloaded the patches. Originally they wernt installed in order, because im an idiot, but know Ive got them all, as per the website

1) FH05B main files -> 2) FH05B map pack -> 3) FH05C Patch (101MB) -> 4) FH05D Patch (1.7MB)

Ive done this. I can filter for the servers and try to join em. The map looks like its loading, gets to the end, and bam, desktop. Ive tried different servers and different maps.

:(

-Bob

help!

Raw_Beef

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Im having the exact same problem. Havent played a game of Forgotten Hope yet. :(

RandomChurch

Reaching out and touching you

50 XP

23rd September 2003

0 Uploads

145 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

I am also having this problem. The first release for FH worked fine. Got on today and saw the C and D patches. Downloaded them and installed them in proper order and it crashes on every server right after it finishes loading, regardless of the map.

Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago
RandomChurchI am also having this problem. The first release for FH worked fine. Got on today and saw the C and D patches. Downloaded them and installed them in proper order and it crashes on every server right after it finishes loading, regardless of the map.

same exact problem, but it connects SOMETIMES... it seems to be random O.o

Domingo Chavez

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Remember to connect to a server that is running .05d

RandomChurch

Reaching out and touching you

50 XP

23rd September 2003

0 Uploads

145 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago
Domingo ChavezRemember to connect to a server that is running .05d

Well, even on those .05D servers I get the same problem.

Um...Pops

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

I'm crashing to desktop also. However I never get into the game at all. I start BF1942, get the title screen then crash back to desktop. FH was working okay until I loaded the two new patches.

[DEFENSE]

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

i have the SAME Exact problem!

GOOD MOD, but after the 5c Patch i cant play anymore, after loading the map till 75% i crash to desktop, again, again and again

Or other Mods work good, normal BF1942 also, and never ever crashed

Please look that you guys can fix this problem, i tried all (reinstall, windows reinstall) but nothing changes the crash in FH

i love FHMOD and would like to play it online!!! please

D_Day_Dawson

Missing in action

50 XP

7th August 2003

0 Uploads

750 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

I have the problem sometimes.. Could it be lack of RAM? I only have 256M in my machine... As people have said it works sometimes (or in my case most times). Anyone else have a meagre amount of RAM like me? I've actually had _plenty_ of good online games but this does happen sometimes. Is it only when joining internet games? Are single player and privately created LAN games okay?

Maybe it's lack of virtual memory? Any ideas if the partition FH is installed on needs any spare space?

DDD

Art Vandalay

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

29 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

Shouldnt have anything to do with ram. (you need more though). THe game worked like a charm until the two new patches. Single player worked for me on a couple maps...I was also able to get into one or two maps online... Kariela (sp?) & Orel would not work on multiplayer at all. 80% map loaded then crash to desktop. This is all after I dl'd patches c & d- in order. If anyone finds a solution please post as I am missing the game very much.

D_Day_DawsonI have the problem sometimes.. Could it be lack of RAM? I only have 256M in my machine... As people have said it works sometimes (or in my case most times). Anyone else have a meagre amount of RAM like me? I've actually had _plenty_ of good online games but this does happen sometimes. Is it only when joining internet games? Are single player and privately created LAN games okay?

Maybe it's lack of virtual memory? Any ideas if the partition FH is installed on needs any spare space?

DDD