2ltben

Shpadoinkle

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

261 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

This may seem rather obvious, but it's possible(so I no longer have to play SP, Hooray!)

Just go into the ingame browser and in title just type *hope* and FH games will start to show up. Hooray! It should also work with FH-only maps.

Evilsanta

Swedish Elite Tanker

50 XP

13th August 2003

0 Uploads

435 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Type in forgotten hope or fh in the filter. Then Forgotten hope servers will appear. Oh this wasnt a question heheheh

Master Minder

FHdev

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

680 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

yes, but just the one with forgotten hope as server name ... thats quite little

use ase, it find alot more with the FH filter

rIFTEr [HSF]

I post to get attention

50 XP

12th May 2003

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Ingame browser sucks. Worst thing ever implicated. I can find more servers using GameSpy arcade, then find more on ASE than GS Arcade. There have been many of times I found just a couple of servers for one mod, but ASE showed over 100. Also, ASE has a filter for the mod, no little text required, you click the check box, click refresh, and any server using the FH mod will show up. Hell, serverspy.net can show FH servers better than the ingame browser...

Evilsanta

Swedish Elite Tanker

50 XP

13th August 2003

0 Uploads

435 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Well ASE stopped working when I installed winxp sp1, I just get "server is full, no slots" on EVERY server, not just the full ones. So ingame browser is all I got =/ =/ I dont like GS arcarde =/

rIFTEr [HSF]

I post to get attention

50 XP

12th May 2003

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

I get that on "some" servers everynow and again, did you click "force entry" ? It always works for me when I get that...

Also, www.serverspy.net has a program similar to ASE, where you can browse on their site for servers, click to join and you will be sent into the server. It works better than GS and ingame...

Evilsanta

Swedish Elite Tanker

50 XP

13th August 2003

0 Uploads

435 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

Ok I will try serverspy then, thanks :)

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

Are the devs going to fix the filter problem?

Uncle Friendly

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago
Acomba MikeAre the devs going to fix the filter problem?

You can actually fix this yourself and make the in-game browser work properly for FH :

Go into \Battlefield 1942\mods\FH\ and edit the init.con file. At the line : game.setCustomGameName ForgottenHope change 'ForgottenHope' to 'FH'

The issue is actually sort of a bug in BF1942 - the in-game browser client querys for servers that have the CustomGameName value as their "GameID" value - the problem is that GameID is based on the folder name of the mod and not the CustomGameName in the init.con of the mod...and in FH's case these are 2 different values, "FH" and "ForgottenHope"

All the rest of the mods use the same CustomGameName as their mod folder name, so it's never really been a problem before.

SO - you just edit your init.con to use the folder name instead and there you go!