Alte Mann

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th October 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 17 years ago

Just down loaded FH, Maps, 5b-5c and 5c - 5d, installed all, and now any FH servers I try to get into comes up with the "Please insert either Batlefield 1942 cd". This is not happening in most other servers I try getting into, but is in all the FH servers

robert_x

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

10th October 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#2 17 years ago

Yes, I'm experiencing the same problem...see my post from a few days ago (http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=93761). If you run into a solution, please let me know too! :)

Alte Mann

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th October 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#3 17 years ago
robert_xYes, I'm experiencing the same problem...see my post from a few days ago (http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=93761). If you run into a solution, please let me know too! :)

Yeah, I noticed it as soon as I hit send on mine. If I hear anything I'll be in touch.

fugu_fish

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#4 17 years ago
Alte MannJust down loaded FH, Maps, 5b-5c and 5c - 5d, installed all, and now any FH servers I try to get into comes up with the "Please insert either Batlefield 1942 cd". This is not happening in most other servers I try getting into, but is in all the FH servers

Since the 1.45 BF1942 patch, the game requires you to insert the correct CD depending on which expansion pack the server is using. Road to Rome, Secret Weapons and vanilla BF. EA/DICE promises to fix this in the upcoming 1.50 patch. In the meantime, I just use Daemon Tools to set up 3 virtual drives and mount all 3 images.You will need the correct hardware to read the Safedisc 2.7/2.9 copy protection and make good images.

Lt. Valentine

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,679 Posts

0 Threads

#5 17 years ago

Daemon Tools wth is that can you explain it to me

robert_x

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

10th October 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#6 17 years ago

Lord of the P!ings: Daemon Tools is a great utility for, for instance, creating virtual drives, so you don't have to use your precious CDs anymore. See http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/index.php.

fugu_fish: thanx for your reply. I'm experiencing the same problem as the thread starter. However, I am already using Daemon Tools and running BF en RTR from one virtual drive. Initially, I thought this drive caused my trouble, but after reading your post, I'm not so sure anymore. But you are using 3 drives? I made a drive for BF and after that, installed RTR...so RTR is not using a separate drive; it just uses the BF drive. With this setup, I can play both BF and RTR without any problems, but, unfortunately, not FH. Also, I used Clone CD to make the images. Is this good enough, in your experience?

Thanks.

fugu_fish

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#7 17 years ago

robert_xLord of the P!ings: Daemon Tools is a great utility for, for instance, creating virtual drives, so you don't have to use your precious CDs anymore. See http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/index.php.

fugu_fish: thanx for your reply. I'm experiencing the same problem as the thread starter. However, I am already using Daemon Tools and running BF en RTR from one virtual drive. Initially, I thought this drive caused my trouble, but after reading your post, I'm not so sure anymore. But you are using 3 drives? I made a drive for BF and after that, installed RTR...so RTR is not using a separate drive; it just uses the BF drive. With this setup, I can play both BF and RTR without any problems, but, unfortunately, not FH. Also, I used Clone CD to make the images. Is this good enough, in your experience?

Thanks.

You need to create separate virtual drives and mount all 3 images simultaneously. I also installed the games from the virtual drives ( I don't think that matters, though)and have never been prompted for a CD while playing. CloneCD is good but hasn't been updated in a while. I use Alcohol 120% along with a protection detector such as Clony XXL and a Liteon 52246S burner.