Sturmbock

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

21st January 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I just downloaded the Forgotten Hope Fan Mappack V1 from the worthplaying.com mirror. I launched the installer and the installer successfully installed all of the maps except Wernheim-1944. The installer reaches approximately 81% completion, never finishes the installation and I receive an error message. The error message reads: "Forgotten Hope FAN MAPPACK (for public FH V0.5xxxx) has not been totally installed because of the following reason: CRC error - cannot install the following file: D:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 42\Mods\FH\Archives\bf1942\levels\Wernheim-1944. You will have to run this utility again to completely install Forgotten Hope FAN MAPPACK (for public FH V0.5xxxx)." I exited the installer and relaunched it per the instructions above with the exact same results. Two items immediately came to my notice. First, in the file path listed in the error message above, the game folder is listed as "D:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 42\..." instead of "D:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 1942\...". Second, the file size of the file I downloaded is 188,528,589 bytes instead of the 188,525,589 bytes file size listed on the main page of the Forgotten Hope web site. Finally, I am currently patched to FH 0.5e and I have had no problem running Forgotten Hope. I have also downloaded and played several third party maps with no problems at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

wait did u just list your problem then say theres no problem at all if you didnt then download it from a diff site i ahte to say it but just try it from file planet

Sturmbock

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

21st January 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

The problem that I am experiencing is with the installation of the Forgotten Hope Fan Mappack, not with the Forgotten Hope mod itself. The first part of my post deals with the Forgotten Hope Fan Mappack installation problem. At the end of my post, I mentioned that I was not experiencing problems with the Forgotten Hope mod itself and that it was function properly as an aid to anyone trying to help me troubleshoot the problem.

At any rate, as suggested, I downloaded the Forgotten Hope Fan Mappack again today from another site and attempted to install it. Again, the installer failed to completely load the mappack and I received a CRC error message. This time, the installer hung up while installing the Operation Crusader map. I finally solved the problem by temporarily de-activating my anti-virus software. Then I was able to successfully load the Forgotten Hope Fan Mappack.