Tbone

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Simple as the title really. I downloaded the 0.5 Full Install of FH off of Fileplanet and began to install it. It went smoothly until it tried to install the "objects.rfa" file, then froze (not just the installation, the entire window; couldn't click cancel so I had to Ctrl+Alt+Delete it). I tried it 3 times to make sure it wasn't a fluke, and it froze every time. So.... help? Download it again?

peckens

peck peck peck wooodddddd

50 XP

26th January 2004

0 Uploads

431 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

u need to be more patient and the reason why your puter would not let u cancel is because when u install something it will really lag down your computer it is hard to install something and do another thing at the same time so when u install the mod just give it some more time, step away from your computer that objects.rfa file is huge any way

Tbone

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Never had anything take as long as I had left it... But ok, I'll be patient :)

Dreamtfk

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

29th March 2002

0 Uploads

122 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
TboneNever had anything take as long as I had left it... But ok, I'll be patient :)

No, I am having the same problem it keeps freezing on static meshes.rfa (Task Manager says it's not responding) I did a fresh install of bf1942 then applied the full 1.6 patch before trying to instal v.b

Dreamtfk

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

29th March 2002

0 Uploads

122 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago
DreamtfkNo, I am having the same problem it keeps freezing on static meshes.rfa (Task Manager says it's not responding) I did a fresh install of bf1942 then applied the full 1.6 patch before trying to instal v.b

Disregard my post I guess I just had to not open any other windows or anything it just takes a real long time, even on my p4 2.8

Borussia Long_po

Wooly_Bully

50 XP

28th February 2004

0 Uploads

188 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I like the Xww2 installer cause it tells you that the pc may appear to be frozen but really its just thinking.