Black Warship

www.forgottenhonor.com

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

126 Posts

0 Threads

#1 17 years ago

A good friend of mine wants to install FH, but it stops every time @ 51%. No more responsive or gives an error. He tryed to reinstall/re-download it over 10 times but it wont work.

Anyone who knowes what the problem could be?

Der Kaiser

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

43 Posts

0 Threads

#2 17 years ago

see HERE

grim_hellfire

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#3 17 years ago

really annoying prob, isnt it. I downloaded it about 14 or 15 times too (sorry to break your record :))

tomilis

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

12th October 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#4 17 years ago

[THIS IS GETTING ANNOYING... 7th time redownloading + reinstalling FH and the installation process will always stop at 51%. If anyone knows a solution, I will be eternally gratefull.

robert_x

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#5 17 years ago

I experienced the same installation problem - the installer stalled once at 51% and once at 54%. Really awkward. It eventually worked for me by running a minimal Windows environment - quitting all unneccesary processes that is. I don't know if that's a real solution or simply luck that the installer worked that time, though. By the way: in the final run, when the installer finally did its work correctly, I noticed that the installer appeared as "Not responding" in my CTRL-ALT-DEL process list, although it did continue! Perhaps you oughta wait a little bit longer?

Oh, I'm running WinXP and never re-downloaded the files...I guess the FH-packages aren't corrupted or anything.

chopperharley

50 XP

13th August 2003

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#6 17 years ago

Hi all,

I have installed fh on 2 computers no problems, and now on onother it gets stuck at 58%. It shows up not responding aswell.

Can anyone help?

Cheers Chopper.

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#7 17 years ago

Just wait for it to kick in. It takes a while around 51 - 60 percent because that's the sound.rfa I beleive. Either that or the texture.rfa.

Your computer will tell you the program is not responding, but it's just that it's taking most (if not all) of your CPU power to install it. Those two .rfa's in particular are pretty painful for most computers, even mine, and I render 9000X9000 pixel map terrains ;)

chopperharley

50 XP

13th August 2003

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#8 17 years ago

Hi all,

Cheers for the help i left it to install and no problems.

Thanks