Lt. Davidson

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

14th November 2002

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

I'm having problems with lag when I play FH. Doesn't happen on plain old BF42. I thought maybe it was because I was on a server with >35 players, so I went to one with about 15-20 people and had the same problem. I have a 1.6G Pentium, Radeon 9500 Pro video card, 512MB memory, WinXP. I don't have anything else running when I am playing. Virus scanner is turned off, etc. The fps in general is ok, but every 10 seconds or so it takes a hit, which is what makes it look laggy. Any ideas on how to fix?

THRILL-HOUSE

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

13th October 2003

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

i ahve this problem as well. plain BF and any other game works fine. but in FH, i can abrely move at all. HELP!

fugu_fish

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago
Lt. DavidsonI'm having problems with lag when I play FH. Doesn't happen on plain old BF42. I thought maybe it was because I was on a server with >35 players, so I went to one with about 15-20 people and had the same problem. I have a 1.6G Pentium, Radeon 9500 Pro video card, 512MB memory, WinXP. I don't have anything else running when I am playing. Virus scanner is turned off, etc. The fps in general is ok, but every 10 seconds or so it takes a hit, which is what makes it look laggy. Any ideas on how to fix?

See if the lag corresponds to hard drive activity. I was playing FH Bocage (44 player Wolfgaming server)and noticed my HD light kept coming on. After the game, I checked the task manager performance tab and noticed that peak memory usage was 579MB. FH was paging out to the HD. I had no other programs running in the background and have a clean system. It looks like FH wants more than 512MB of ram.