Lateralus

Ad astra per aspera.

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

441 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Yet another potential player checking in, unable to play the game at all. I installed the .6 main files, then the .6 mappack, then the .61 patch. I can connect to a server and load the map fine, but as soon as the map loads to 100%, I get a 'Failed To Connect To Server' error. This has happened on every single server I have tried (at least 20). A couple of times the game screen comes up for a second or two after map loading, but then it immediately crashes to desktop. I have tried completely uninstalling BF1942, then reinstalling it, patching to 1.6, then installing the FH files. Same problems.

This release was done extremely poorly. Dozens of people on this board alone have these same problems, and there has been no solution as of yet. One wonders why the player numbers were so low a few weeks ago, this is the reason.

If a solution isn't found in a reasonable amount of time, this mod goes in the trash, and I'll make sure to tell everyone else I know to skip this joke and play something else.

Fix the damn problem if you want people to play your mod.

Cochise

click...boom

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

286 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Yeah I get the failed to connect a lot too. It doesn't make sense.

Lateralus

Ad astra per aspera.

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

441 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Not only has this problem messed up FH, but now all my BF mods crash upon completion of map loading.

Gotta wonder how you guys can add so much more depth and realism to stock BF, but you can't get the damn thing to install correctly. All the new features you added are naught because of such a stupid problem.