Akula971

Pain is a sensation. Enjoy it

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

941 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Upon entering into some multiplayer maps, the game would load, and then just before entering the game CRASH!. I downloaded the files again...installed...no change. Tried changing videodefault files....no change. So I completely uninstalled FH and BF1942, DELETED the Directory and installed BF1942 again, then FH. Bingo no problems, all maps load now (that I have tried, that would not load before). Hope this helps others.

SpiderGoat

Nel mezzo del cammin

50 XP

5th December 2003

0 Uploads

4,050 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Anyone else solved the problem this way? Maybe I should try it too.

marquis1

a.k.a. MaRQuiS>[DK]

50 XP

1st February 2004

0 Uploads

139 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Hm, I do'nt wanna sound rude! But thats is one of the first things I do after everything else failed. ;)

Akula971

Pain is a sensation. Enjoy it

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

941 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
marquis1Hm, I do'nt wanna sound rude! But thats is one of the first things I do after everything else failed. ;)

Which is what I did Got something useful to contribute?

SpiderGoat

Nel mezzo del cammin

50 XP

5th December 2003

0 Uploads

4,050 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

I think it worked :), just loaded Battle of the Bulge, which normally never works. I'll test it some more tomorrow.

5thSander

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

8th March 2004

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I've done that like several times already and haven't had any results.

baddog{FOG}

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

13th March 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Well, I didn't do this for BF1942, but just last night I reformated my hard drive. It was time anyway...I reloaded BF1942 and I have nothing that should conflict with dll's or anything of that nature. I have no other games, real player or anything like, so now I'm going to reload FH and if it still crashes to the desktop..it ends up in the recycle bin. Keep you all posted.:type:

KastaRules

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th March 2004

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Well, I tryed to uninstall and re-install everything and then FH worked fine Maybe u got some files/drivers conflict

S1lent_K1ller

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

31st March 2004

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
Akula971Upon entering into some multiplayer maps, the game would load, and then just before entering the game CRASH!. I downloaded the files again...installed...no change. Tried changing videodefault files....no change. So I completely uninstalled FH and BF1942, DELETED the Directory and installed BF1942 again, then FH. Bingo no problems, all maps load now (that I have tried, that would not load before). Hope this helps others.

Hey dude, well heres my deal, i downloaded 1of1 and 2of 2 and 6.1 patch, installed everything and i load game go to single player start it loads for about 40%-100% and then it just craps out and crashes to desktop, i havent tried installing it all again yet after deleteing the file, just this morning i deleted the fh file from C:program files/ea games/battlefield 1942/mods and iim gunna install. is there a garentee it will work??. If that doesnt work can u sugeest another way i could try to get it to work?? thanks man, it would be greatly appreciated:notworking: :nodding:

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

FH does NOT, I repeat does NOT support Single Player. In order to play the Mod, you must play it online. The only alternative is a programm called FHX. It gives single-player support to some vanilla BF maps I think. Do a search for "FHX" in these forums...