mustn't grumble

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

15th February 2004

0 Uploads

34 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

Right, I'm out of my depth as usual with this stuff. I'v deleted .5 now trying to reinstall but when I enter the password I get "bad block " message. Is their an obvious solution or do I need to d/l again?

SHADOW_KILL

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago

I've been getting this problem too, except I'm getting it on both file 1 and 2.

The first time I installed file 1, it went smoothly. Then, I tried installing file 2 and started getting this problem. After unraring again, with no errors, I tried installing file 2 again. Same problem.

Eventually, I just deleted the newly created fh folder. I tried installing file 1 again... and what do you know? I start getting this problem on file 1 now!! WTH?!

After redownloading the files... same problem.

I've come to the conclusion that it's the stupid Clickteam installer. Why? Because I always get the error at different points. Sometimes it'll come at around 95%, then the next time at 6%, then the next at 50%. I know it is NOT a corrupt file.

The Clickteam installer has been nothing but trouble for me. I remember the very first release of FH I had problems (not the same one though) with the installer. I've even had problems with it for other programs. No other installers have given me problems but Clickteam.

Why couldn't they have just RARed the FH mod folder and skipped with the installer?

Flakpanzer

Official Forum Spoiled Kid!

50 XP

8th February 2004

0 Uploads

850 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago
SHADOW_KILLI've been getting this problem too, except I'm getting it on both file 1 and 2. The first time I installed file 1, it went smoothly. Then, I tried installing file 2 and started getting this problem. After unraring again, with no errors, I tried installing file 2 again. Same problem. Eventually, I just deleted the newly created fh folder. I tried installing file 1 again... and what do you know? I start getting this problem on file 1 now!! WTH?! After redownloading the files... same problem. I've come to the conclusion that it's the stupid Clickteam installer. Why? Because I always get the error at different points. Sometimes it'll come at around 95%, then the next time at 6%, then the next at 50%. I know it is NOT a corrupt file. The Clickteam installer has been nothing but trouble for me. I remember the very first release of FH I had problems (not the same one though) with the installer. I've even had problems with it for other programs. No other installers have given me problems but Clickteam. Why couldn't they have just RARed the FH mod folder and skipped with the installer?

Sorry to bring up such an old topic, but I too, have been getting problems with these damn installers. Sure, they are convenient, but hell, I have downloaded the FH 6 files, and both are giving me the same kind of error as the thread starter has, except it errors on different files each time.

Steinmann

WW2 German Reenactor

50 XP

7th May 2004

0 Uploads

50 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago

i can help you mate, i have added u to me MSN! see u on there. :cya: