Too Tall

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Just downloaded both files, but when I´m trying to run them, I get an error message saying "This file contains invalid data", and I´m unable to install the mod :( Downloaded both files from the US mirror on www.bf1942files.com

Am I the only one with this problem? Any suggestions?

-TooTall

Too Tall

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Downloaded the files from another location, and they worked fine :D

But be ware, the files at the mentioned mirror might be corrupt.

-TooTall

belloq

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

(This is about a possibly corrupted archive, but is not about the client.)

I noticed that the server-only version at bf1942 files (or FileFront really) download always stops at 82MB of the 154MB. I used the "third party" download for server and it came down fine.

grim_hellfire

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

I have t!he same problem only I tried what you said about downloading from different places and it ALWAYS does the same thing! I must have tried 4 or 5 sites. how do I make it work!!

Der Kaiser

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

43 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

The exact sane thing happened to me! Ive tried from 3 different sites and it does the same for all! Could you post the link where you got it from?

grim_hellfire

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

I have tried fileplanet, all of the locations at bf1942files.com, filefront, bf42.com, and the bf42 mIRC channel! none of them work!!! the only place I can think of that I have not tried is fileshack. trying them now. please tell us where you got your versions so that we can play too, if you view this please tell us if its not one of the above! PLEASE! fileshack....

SHADOW_KILL

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

Don't worry, it's not a problem with the actual file. It's a problem with the Clickteam installer program. Whenever someone user that program to make their installer .exe it causes a problem on my machine (EOD caused it, a Raven Shield map pack caused it, and so does FH installer).

The way I get past this stupid error is to install it to some other partition and then copy and paste the whole folder to the BF mods folder. BUT, I'm guessing you could just install it anywhere besides the BF mods folder and then move it all. I wish mods would just use a zip file cuz I hate it when they add an uninstaller and add junk to the registry.

I have no idea why the Clickteam installer does this. It's the only one I have problems with. I even went to their site and browsed the message boards a bit, but no mention of it. I'm surprised more people haven't seen this.

grim_hellfire

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

I have been having this problem with clickteam installers but I tried what you said and it didnt work. it's still giving me trouble. would it help to download it to another machine, put it on cd, and then install it? anyway, I got one file to work by downloading it through IE using download accelerator. just the map pack tho, so it sucks even more that I have to download the main (430mb) file AGAIN.

Der Kaiser

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

43 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

Could you explain in more detail Shadow Kill?

grim_hellfire

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

I still havent gotten it to work! 14 times... 14 godforsaken times I have d/led this file and it still wont work! I tried using a program called zidrav to fix the file but it didn't work at all. come on peeps, please help. l8ts