CptChaos

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

31 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I am having some issues with BF and am going to uninstall everything and reinstall. All the other mods I loaded show up in my Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs but FH. I also do not find any uninstall utility in the FH folder.

I'm not a nOOb but this is making me feel like one. Can somebody please give me the Kinder-Guide to uninstalling FH. :deal:

Gnarg!

GF makes me horny

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

96 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

PRess the folder n press delete button? Find the uninstall? :S

CptChaos

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

31 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago
Gnarg!PRess the folder n press delete button? Find the uninstall? :S

Okay smarty....I was gonna do that but since I am already having problems since installing the Mod, I wanted to make sure whether or not there was more to it. Its called eliminating all the possibilities. The other mods I installed have uninstall utilities which help remove hidden files and registries. If any of this is messed up from the FH mod, I'm not sure a simple delete will do the trick.

Thank you very much for your thorough examination of my situation.

SilentButViolent

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

12th October 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

CptChaosOkay smarty....I was gonna do that but since I am already having problems since installing the Mod, I wanted to make sure whether or not there was more to it. Its called eliminating all the possibilities. The other mods I installed have uninstall utilities which help remove hidden files and registries. If any of this is messed up from the FH mod, I'm not sure a simple delete will do the trick.

Thank you very much for your thorough examination of my situation.

Hey, Im having the same problem with the FH mod and I cant find any uninstall icon in folders or anything and if I try to play online it just boots me to my desktop. I think you have to download the mods in a certain order for it to work right but Im not sure, I can play single player games just not online, If you figure it out let me know. Thanks.

SilentButViolent

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

12th October 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Hey, Im having the same problem with the FH mod only, and I cant find any iuninstallation icon in any of the folders or anything, If I try to play online it just boots me to desktop, I can play single player games, just not online, I think you have to install the mods in order to have it work right, but I need to uninstall first. Anyway, if you figure it out let me know, thanks.

unkown14

Bird is the word

50 XP

4th November 2008

0 Uploads

100 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

Ok. First I'd say that thanks for a very great and realistic 0.65 mod. But I have the same problem as others: There is NO UNINSTALL program for 0.65 and FH didn't came to Add/or Remove programs section. So how the hell I can uninstall this mod, that it will be deleted properly and it wont take space in win registry? My regards to the creation team is that what kind of larking is this? Haven't you thought so far, that someone maeby have to uninstall this game properly, that it wont take space in win registry!! Just help me please, I dont want to anger my big brother.

Apro-FIN-

Real men don't change avatars!

50 XP

31st August 2004

0 Uploads

551 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

I uninstalled as following: Go to your Bf1942 folder and go to the mods section. Delete folder "FH" (I prefer shift + del instead of del). That's all I did to unistall and it worked. Then I just installed FH 0.65 and it is working as well as it should. No uninstallation program needed. And that's good as there isn't any.

BUGS]FHMod[

Forgotten Hope Mod Team

50 XP

15th August 2004

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

The current installer does not support an uninstaller that is used for FH all alone. So what to do to remove FH properly? 1. Go to FH folder in explorer 2. Mark the folder 3. Press del key 4. confirm 5. Open regeditor (go to start -> regedit -> run) 6. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Current Version -> Uninstall 7. There might be: Forgotten Hope 0.6 Install 1 of 2 Forgotten Hope 0.6 Install 2 of 2 Simply delete them although they are not harming in any way. We are currently trying another installer to give you the oppurtunit of uninstalling by click. Be patient...

unkown14

Bird is the word

50 XP

4th November 2008

0 Uploads

100 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago

OK. Thank you very much for istructions but there was nothing files of Forgotten Hope in registry. So is Forgotten Hope a problem to me after I uninstall it by only deleting its Folder? Does it or part of it stay to somewhere my computer and take much space at hard-disc? I would like to have more good support as you have given to me, PzRegi | BUGS cause creation team in my opinion hasn't informed of this kind of problem (Sorry, and tell me if I am wrong). Thanks.

P.S And about when this kind of uninstaller is coming?

BUGS]FHMod[

Forgotten Hope Mod Team

50 XP

15th August 2004

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#10 13 years ago

In fact: If there are any registryentries they have no purpose in fact and just come with the clickteam installer. This advise was just for guys who want to keep their registry clean. Deleting the folder will completely remove all fh related files that can harm the trouble-free installing/starting of the mod. So just delete it and you will be fine. Worst case is you have 2 registry entries left over that take approximately 2kb of your diskspace at all. A new installer version with uninstall possibility will be available for 0.66 hopefully.