schmoppa

Excited

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

231 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

This is a strange problem. it was working fine one day, then the next day when I fired up BF1942/FH, I found that when the initial menu screen pops up, when I move the mouse to one of the buttons (like multiplayer), the program just quits to the desktop. The day before I had changed the name of the movies directories so I wouldn't have to sit through them, I'm getting really sick of waiting. BUt the game seemed to work fine after doing that. I also installed a program, cuseeme. Eventualyl, I uninstalled everything, deleted the EA folder, and tried to remove any bf1942 references from the registry that I could. Then I reinstalled, applied the 1.6 patch, then installed FH again and still it crashes. I'm probably going to reinstall the OS in the next week, but I was wondering if anybody had any ideas as to what could be causing this and what solutions there might be.

JAGUART

Thanks for the ftk

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

BTW you can delete the movies in the folder completely with no ill effects. Just leave the empty folder there. As far as the crashing, I have no idea. Does Vanilla BF or any other mods crash too?

schmoppa

Excited

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

231 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

to be honest, I only sort of checked before I installed the 1.6 patch when I re-installed, and it didn't seem to crash when my mouse went over the buttons. I didn't test again until FH was installed.