I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd December 2003

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

hi,

i have a router at home and can play and join other peoples servers without a problem. Its when i come to hosting a server.

Ive opened up all the ports required but it still doesnt let people to join into it. Says it cant be found. Is there something else i can do to get it working? Or is it just one of these things which will not work :(

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks, Miles

miles200

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd December 2003

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

anyone??

cjwoolf2009

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

7th April 2004

0 Uploads

151 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

So you've opened all ports? They've tried to connect to your external ip? (Found at www.myipaddress.com)

Also try putitng it into DMZ if nothing else.

sgt_Bryan

:)

50 XP

24th December 2005

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

This is a simple problem to fix. First you have to understand that any IPs starting with 192, 10 or 172 are private IPs reserved for inside LANs. what you need to do is enter the web based browser of you router and then find the WAN ip. this is your external IP, The IP that the rest of the internet sees to reach your modem. This is the IP your server must host to. But this isn't enough read your routers Manual about virtual serving (most dlink routers) or port forwarding (most linksys router). To get to your router you type in its ip in a browser window. like 192.168.0.1 or it could be -.2.1 or -.1.1. You don't want to put the computer in the DMZ. totally unsecure. just do virtual serving. It would help if we knew what router you were using and make sure that WAN IP for your router is not begin with 172, 192, or 10. cause that would mean you lan inside tucked inside another lan.