0.61 Not Looking Good! -1 reply

Please wait...

We're currently in the process of moving servers, parts or all of the site will be unavailable for a few hours. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Cobra_UK

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

15th March 2004

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

On the release of 0.5 I sent an email and put a post on the forums regarding 3 things I noticed on the map below. I received good feedback and felt that I did my little bit to help this mod. However not only were these not fixed with all the patches after but even now at 0.61 I have still noticed these 3 bugs/glitches. Not looking very promising...:mad: Adak Island 1. still allied bomber can reload over axis carrier 2. still allied seaplane has no icon on hud just a grey square box 3. still allied jeep at allied flag in the mountains is not placed correctly and glitches with the rocks behind it

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

That's it? Those are the only incongruities you can find in .61? Wow... this must be the best beta that ever was! Seriously; three relatively minor problems (in the grand scheme of things) that don't break the game. Sorry, but it seems to me that there are more important things to get done first. But despair not! We've still got three major revisions (and nevermind the incremental stuff) before FH leaves it's beta and becomes a shiny, polished, finished product. Looks damn promising to me...

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Well at least they added new sounds, deployable MG's, towable artillery, voices, vehicles, Poles, some very good maps, recoded the armor, fixed handweapon skins and made all the ingame menu's and icon nice and shiny..

But hey compared to your points that's not reeally important, right?

marquis1

a.k.a. MaRQuiS>[DK]

50 XP

1st February 2004

0 Uploads

139 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

If you compare your socalled "bugs / glitches" to all the fu**** nice vehicles, sounds and weaponary they've made so far, those things you mention are all just some minor things, IMHO. But of course, they need to be fixed! But honestly, I think the devs got enought work on their hands, trying to figure out all the serious bugs. :naughty:

Quercus

Cocoa-Banana

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

63 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Will you guys knock it off please? This is exactly the sort of response that drives people away from the forums. Assuming Cobra_UK has done everything correctly as far as installation is concerned, he is saying that these bugs were reported when 0.5 was out so he is surprised they are still there. He is not saying these are the only bugs he found, only that these were previously reported by him.

Very few people are going to come on this forum and post saying the entire mod is a pile of rubbish and they hate it. Most people who take the effort of posting are doing so because they like the mod and all the work put into it but would like it to be even better. So please bear this in mind before you start criticising anyone who dares to post anything negative about it.

How on earth do you people react in a social situation if someone is critical of you? Take it on board and look to improve? Debate it in a mature fashion if you think they are wrong? Or do you start shouting them down and shake your fists at them? Get some perspective please.

VioLAtoR[xL]

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

He had his arguments I had mine. YOU my friend are over-reacting, I didn't see anyone call him a n00b, tard or whatever.

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
QuercusVery few people are going to come on this forum and post saying the entire mod is a pile of rubbish and they hate it.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Cobra_UK]On the release of 0.5 I sent an email and put a post on the forums regarding 3 things I noticed on the map below. I received good feedback and felt that I did my little bit to help this mod. However not only were these not fixed with all the patches after but even now at 0.61 I have still noticed these 3 bugs/glitches. Not looking very promising...:mad:

"Not looking very promising." Over three (count them: three) glitches. That is most certainly moving in the direction of "this mod sucks...it's a pile of rubbish." As I've already stated, FH is still in beta. Beta is this wonderfully marvelous period of life for most pieces of software during which problems (read: bugs and glitches) very worked out. As with most major projects, it is both incumbent upon and wise of the team to work out the big problems first. Glitches and minor bugs, particularly of the graphical or lesser-balance nature should and do take second chair to major things, like design, content and major bug (CTD) issues. Now, had we just experienced the first final release (1.0) of FH, then the original statement might've held some water. As it stands now, three very minor issues (all on one map which I personally have only seen being played twice) were brought up. Quite frankly, in this stage of the game, there are far more important issues for the devs to be addressing, and one would do well to not hold their breath for minor details like these until .8 or .9 (or even later).

VioLAtoR[xL]

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Yeah and wat the C-Dude said as well :rolleyes: .

Quercus

Cocoa-Banana

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

63 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

'VioLAtoR[xL']He had his arguments I had mine. YOU my friend are over-reacting, I didn't see anyone call him a n00b, tard or whatever.[/QUOTE] You are wrong on the first statement but quite correct on the second; I never said anyone did call him anything. What I said is that he made a serious point (however minor) and immediately was leapt on by three people making sarcastic replies - none of whom are FH developers and therefore in a position to say whether or not his point was valid.

[quote='C38368']FH is still in beta. Beta is this wonderfully marvelous period of life for most pieces of software during which problems (read: bugs and glitches) very worked out.

I am well aware of that, as is the original poster. If you read his post again you will see that his complaint was not about the existence of those bugs, but the fact that having reported them they do not appear to have been corrected. It is entirely possible that the bugs were simply overlooked by the dev. team or that they are aware of them but have given them a low priority to be fixed.

However, as neither of us are developers of this mod we have no idea whether his premise is correct or not and therefore neither of us are qualified to either dispute or agree with his grievance. Would you agree that this is the case?

Jagd

{TDB}MajGen.Jagd AA

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

720 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

That's why I hate forums. Everyone is so busy attacking semantics or spelling they miss the fucking point, every time. He is righteously frustrated that after going to all the trouble of reporting some bugs, they still show up several patches later. Yay it's a free product, no shit sherlock. That means he has no recourse other than to complain on a forum or via email. He can't "return" the mod, boycott future products from the dev team, or ask investors to pressure the developers about quality assurance. Ah well, flame on, chill'un.