Noir Cheval

Big Muskel Guy

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

I in no way claim to be an expert with a Piat, Bazooka, or Panzerfaust, but I am pretty decent. It seems like beyond a certain range, the anti-tank projectiles seem to no longer connect with tanks. Sometimes, they even appear to go THROUGH the tanks. Like I said, this is at a decent distance away. In addition to this, even if the projectile would go OVER the tank, there's no explosion behind it. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

I noticed that i was unsuccesful trying to hit a tank from far distance, but i thought i just had poor aiming... i couldn't stay long enough watch if my shot was exploding or not, cause the tank was shooting me...

Curried-Cat

Defender of things

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

I've seen the same thing as well. 4 shots from a panzerfaust went straight through a tank. Glad to se I was not going mad :)

Cragger

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago
Curried-CatI've seen the same thing as well. 4 shots from a panzerfaust went straight through a tank. Glad to se I was not going mad :)

They have a range limit at which they dissappear set to their historical effective limits. It dissappears most likely to compensate for people abusing them by firing them at excessive ranges by lobbing them up in the air which in reality would make them very inaccurate and also very uneffective.

Noir Cheval

Big Muskel Guy

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago
CraggerThey have a range limit at which they dissappear set to their historical effective limits. It dissappears most likely to compensate for people abusing them by firing them at excessive ranges by lobbing them up in the air which in reality would make them very inaccurate and also very uneffective.

If this is the case, would it be possible to get a DEFINITE explanation from the FH Devs, even if it is in agreement to the above post, just so we know we aren't all going mad. :lookaround:

Peo

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

They were rather low powered projectiles and maybe they needed to hit the target at a vertain minimum velocity. If they didn't prehaps they didn't explode.

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

I wanted to limit teh effective range of AT rockets, to simulate they ran out of fuel. Two ways to do this, either by making them explode in midair like AA, or making them dissappear after their range has been exceeded. I chose the second one. I would have prefered to make them go down after they "ran out of fuel", but that's not possible.

Peo

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

I don't think they burned much longer than the time they were in the launching tube. They would severly burn the shooter then.

Noir Cheval

Big Muskel Guy

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago
Major HartmannI wanted to limit teh effective range of AT rockets, to simulate they ran out of fuel. Two ways to do this, either by making them explode in midair like AA, or making them dissappear after their range has been exceeded. I chose the second one. I would have prefered to make them go down after they "ran out of fuel", but that's not possible.

Thanks, Major Hartmann. Glad to see I'm not going insane.

Curried-Cat

Defender of things

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago
Noir ChevalThanks, Major Hartmann. Glad to see I'm not going insane.

Glad to know the answer as it was driving me mad last night. My rounds kept on flying through the priest smoke and all.