|KFG|Hell_March

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd March 2004

0 Uploads

89 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

There seems to be some problems with the models on the ATLANTIC map. While flying or spawning on the british carrier. Upon spawning on the british carrier there was some strange lag..After I took off it was fine butbut lagged while on deck. Latter after taking off after I closed a certain distance with and enemy vessel usauly close it lagged up and I it was extreamly hard to pull up. There are no problems with the destroyers or the small carrier but it seemed to be with the battleships and the sub. Well at least the swordfish can kill a sub upon kamikazeing into it :). But anyways there does seem to be some problems witht he ship models.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I think it's the same problem as with 0.5b, but this time with the new ark royal model.

Hedgemus

I Like Pie!

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

284 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

The German battleships cause massive lag. I think they need to be optimized.

|KFG|Hell_March

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd March 2004

0 Uploads

89 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I am glad I am not the only 1 to notice this. I really hate flying then lagging up so badly that there isnt really any possible way for me to avoid crashing

Jagd

{TDB}MajGen.Jagd AA

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

720 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Yeah there is a lot of optimizing to be done on those ships. I usually play German on this map, and every time I have managed to fly that floatplane over to the British carrier so I can steal a useful plane (0 bombs + 0 torpedoes + 0 agility = why bother? oh yeah it looks damn cool) it lags out so bad while taking off that I either crash into the bridge or have not enough speed by the time I get off the deck that I nose dive into the ocean. If you have ever tried to go on this type of mission, you will know how long it takes to work your way up through that damn carrier, let alone land safely beside in the water since there is no freaking pilot class. *cough* Yeah, optimize this bad boy and add a selectable pilot class. How come we don't have kit choices a la Coral Sea? That map is perfectly balanced for aerial/naval combat.