[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

OK, the map was Hailar and after death and no spawn points left, i was flying around in the free camera mode. Trying to see the infantry inside the tank by moving my camera right inside of it, i did not find any infantry, but i did find bullet casings from the machine gun!!

Now, those bullet casing are not visible from outside, but they are still being processed (uselessly) by the client! If this is optimized, then this could reduce at least some of the client-side-lag.

P.S. sorry if this was brought up before

Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

'[SYN hydraSlav']OK, the map was Hailar and after death and no spawn points left, i was flying around in the free camera mode. Trying to see the infantry inside the tank by moving my camera right inside of it, i did not find any infantry, but i did find bullet casings from the machine gun!!

Now, those bullet casing are not visible from outside, but they are still being processed (uselessly) by the client! If this is optimized, then this could reduce at least some of the client-side-lag.

P.S. sorry if this was brought up before

yea, i noticed this with both matilda tanks too....

i think shell casing for tanks should be removed.... normally they would just land inside the tank and roll around on the floor (to this day they do this)...... they woudnt leave the tank...

Reeves

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

52 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Hmm, it may reduce SOME lag, but I doubt you would be able to notice it.

Oxide

Malaj

50 XP

18th October 2003

0 Uploads

250 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago
ReevesHmm, it may reduce SOME lag, but I doubt you would be able to notice it.

Depends on what computer you have probably. I agree with the initial poster, please remove this. Also, all the shell casings the the aircraft are pouring out.. it's kinda pointless, and since there is no way to disable it those of us with low-end computers get big slowdowns. I'm not saying this is the obly thing causing slowdowns, but one of them. Vanilla Bf42 runs fine on my comp, this mod gives me huge slowdowns. More than I get in Desert Combat.

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago
OxideDepends on what computer you have probably. I agree with the initial poster, please remove this. Also, all the shell casings the the aircraft are pouring out.. it's kinda pointless, and since there is no way to disable it those of us with low-end computers get big slowdowns. I'm not saying this is the obly thing causing slowdowns, but one of them. Vanilla Bf42 runs fine on my comp, this mod gives me huge slowdowns. More than I get in Desert Combat.

The shells dont lag me up, the only lag i get is in the biginning of levels?!

-----Silent Assassin-------