50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Firstly I love this mod! FH.61 roxx

But there are a number of Bugs which I think need to be fixed:

- Dying from artillery with no explosion effects - ie. wespe on CQB map - russian vs axis(?).

- The plane flight physics on some planes needs tweaking.

- The spawning planes blowing up on some maps - very frustrating.

- The sound cutting out when firing coaxial mg on tanks - allied and axis.

- There is an allied MG in one of the far right bunkers on omaha, it should be an MG42.

- My most important issue is with deployable mg kits, the devs said if you left mg, it would automatically re-appear in your inventory - this doesn't seem to happen with either axis or allied kits???

Can you also let me know ETA on texture patch and fix for .61 version - month, 3 months, 6 months...

I hope to shoot you down again when planes are tweaked!

WMUK

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

You suck at the Internet.

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Widow_Maker_UKFirstly I love this mod! FH.61 roxx

- Dying from artillery with no explosion effects - ie. wespe on CQB map - russian vs axis(?).[/QUOTE] Haven't experienced this one.

Widow_Maker_UK - The plane flight physics on some planes needs tweaking. [/QUOTE] See all the other threads concerning this topic.
Widow_Maker_UK - The spawning planes blowing up on some maps - very frustrating. [/QUOTE] This is just the JU88 on El Alamein that I've seen -- any others?
Widow_Maker_UK - The sound cutting out when firing coaxial mg on tanks - allied and axis.
This is my biggest pet peeve -- it seems that it only occurs when you are at the normal view position and the tank sight position -- if you go to the follow view, you can hear the coax MG. [QUOTE=Widow_Maker_UK] - There is an allied MG in one of the far right bunkers on omaha, it should be an MG42.
Haven't seen it, but if it is in fact there, it should be fixed. [QUOTE=Widow_Maker_UK] - My most important issue is with deployable mg kits, the devs said if you left mg, it would automatically re-appear in your inventory - this doesn't seem to happen with either axis or allied kits???
This DOES work -- I have experienced buggieness with it, but only on servers where there was a great deal of lag and packetloss. On servers that are not swamped, it works like a charm. [QUOTE=Widow_Maker_UK] Can you also let me know ETA on texture patch and fix for .61 version - month, 3 months, 6 months...

Patience, my friend. If you look around, you'll find a lot of Swastikas and what not on a lot of maps.

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Widow_Maker_UKFirstly I love this mod! FH.61 roxx

- Dying from artillery with no explosion effects - ie. wespe on CQB map - russian vs axis(?).

This is a bug with BF's network code. It got nothing to do with FH, and it's present in all mods, including vanilla BF. When the artillery is firing out of the visibility range, the network code assigns it a low priority packets, so the "server hit" happens before the effects are rendered on the client. Same as if you look on the minimap at a far-away planes, you will see them "jerking" around the minimap, but if they are close, thier movement is smooth.

i can't believe so many people still think it's a mod problem

urseus

|LAB|urseus²

50 XP

8th May 2003

0 Uploads

263 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

One thing that pisses me off is when you change to nose cam view on the planes the sound of the mgs change.

I remember in classic in corsairs, the sound of the MGs were very cool when the cockpit was on, but when you turned it off its this weak outside sound.

Same thing happens on some FH planes.

ron moron

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

43 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

I've had the sound cutting out on quite a lot of the fixed artillery, which is a minor point but still a little annoying.

And how do you access the artillery in the concrete bunker at the back of Omaha?

Widow_Maker_UK

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

The MG kits don't work for me ever...

I would like to change my previous request for all the planes flight physics to be altered, the pacific a/c are fine, the only thing I don't like is the mgun damage to planes, they may be a little strong. But the European/Soviet versions are terrible. (I have read the other threads on this subject).

The Allied (British) pilot has no helmet has yet?

Something I have also noticed is the amount of CPU resources FH.61 uses, I have a Xp3200 Athalon, and it says 90% usage, these seems extraordinarily high?

WMUK