NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

ok, I think its only me that gets this..

As soon as I load up Prokhorovka in mutiplayer, it'll load all the way and then crash to desktop. how did this happen? I know for sure that my d/l was not corrupt, so whats up with it? and is there a way to fix it?

I realy want to play this map, ive heared good things about it, but its a shame I cant play it. Any suggestions, Id realy appreciate any help..

thanks in advance.

Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

1st November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Ply3r_17ok, I think its only me that gets this..

As soon as I load up Prokhorovka in mutiplayer, it'll load all the way and then crash to desktop. how did this happen? I know for sure that my d/l was not corrupt, so whats up with it? and is there a way to fix it?

I realy want to play this map, ive heared good things about it, but its a shame I cant play it. Any suggestions, Id realy appreciate any help..

thanks in advance.

Have you tried the map on different servers?

Luscious

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

1st August 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Same deal here..that map crashes every time.

Mandingo 18''

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

5th February 2004

0 Uploads

314 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

I have exactly the same problem. It loads perfectly then I create my own server though. When I try to join public games it crashes constantly. That is strange.

MeanMrMustard

Such a mean old man

50 XP

15th September 2003

0 Uploads

178 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Mine doesnt crash, but if I load it up it gets to 100% then just sits there, doesnt go into the map. Its definitely finished loading, because if I press escape and go back the main screen, it gives me the option to disconnect, ie Im fully connected to the server. Strange... Harry

Ltrain

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

9th September 2003

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

same here.

On multiplayer I get a CTD when the game is loading Prokhorovka.

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

hmm..ok strange.

well, Ive seen many people play on servers without this problem, but they say they usualy have problems playing other maps. e.g. Fall Weiss-1939.

so is it a bug or an installer problem? I reinstalled everything related to BF (and deleting the old ones) so no problem there.

SpiderGoat

Nel mezzo del cammin

50 XP

5th December 2003

0 Uploads

4,050 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Ply3r_17hmm..ok strange.

well, Ive seen many people play on servers without this problem, but they say they usualy have problems playing other maps. e.g. Fall Weiss-1939.

so is it a bug or an installer problem? I reinstalled everything related to BF (and deleting the old ones) so no problem there.

It's very strange: I don't have any problems with Prokhorovka, but I have never succesfully loaded Battle of the Bulge. And yes: I uninstalled FH, reinstalled, and have 0.61

Akula971

Pain is a sensation. Enjoy it

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

941 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Same here, some maps just crash. Are we all using ATI cards?

Titmouse69

well f*ckadoodledoo!

50 XP

4th February 2003

0 Uploads

180 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

i had this very same problem - and on orel too. and one thing fixed it. until fh0.6, i was running with no swapfile as i had a gig of fast ram. however - whenever i ctd i noticed a trianglar warning icon in my system tray - warning me of low memory. so, i re-introduced a swap file and het presto - it works - guess its cos its such a large map. you may have to increase teh size of your virtual memory to solve it. worked for me :naughty: