BR1Gangsta

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

15th March 2004

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

alright to start off this patch is nasty and should become the standard battlefield lol. anyway... i guess i would call myself a pilot and i love the planes. the only thing is damage to other planes doesn't seem right. i will be nailing this guys and getting the X hit confirmation but it takes me at least 400 bullets to take him down(Mgs and Cannons at same time). so maybe i just suck and its easier for other people or something needs to be done... or its just suppose to be hella hard to shoot. also, the other day i was playing battle of britain and was flying a spit. i came up behind a junker and starting hammering him. he made banked and i attempted to follow but in his heavy bomber turned tighter and outmanuvered my spit... so i guess either the spits turn radius is waayyyyy to long \or the junkers is too tight. but im just giving some input from a pilots perspective on how the air is. keep up the good work

Creeping Death

FEAR PROFITS MAN NOTHING

50 XP

15th March 2004

0 Uploads

307 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I too found this on the El Alamein map. I was flying a Me 109 and I emptied all my ammo into Spitfire. There was wreckage coming of the plane, but no smoke etc. A little disappointing considering the new flight physics make dogfighting more challenging.

MAXvonWHOOPASS

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

:moon: There seem to be huge inconsistencies on the handling of planes in different maps - e.g. in El Alamein the spitfires are about 10 times harder to pull up than the bf109 (the stuka & even some bombers are more manouverable than the spit!) but in battle of britain the spitfires seem to work better. Same goes for some of the floatplanes/carrier aircraft in the pacific maps. Some of the aircraft seem to handle like the jet fighters in DC and can fly almost vertically straight up (e.g. zero floatplane). Is flying a corsair really *that* different to flying a spitfire? +The bf109G in bocage has a *massive* difference in turning and acceleration to the bf109 in el alamein and BoB - is that correct? Also agree with previous comments that it takes a hell of a lot of hits to take something down -

Froggin_Ashole42

My nationality? I'm a mut.

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

530 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

i always get them on fire,and then have not enough time to finish it off because I speed over.

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago
BR1Gangstaalright to start off this patch is nasty and should become the standard battlefield lol.

This is the correct way of starting threads :rolleyes:

Lateralus

Ad astra per aspera.

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

441 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
'VioLAtoR[xL']This is the correct way of starting threads :rolleyes:

Gross misinterpretation. He meant 'nasty' as in 'really cool' and also that this release should replace vanilla BF. He was complimenting, not bashing.

Perhaps you should look at people's intent based off what they actually wrote, rather than inferring hostility where none is present.

BR1Gangsta

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

15th March 2004

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

** CAN AN ADMIN PLZ MOVE THIS THREAD TO SUGGESTIONS ** alright now that ive been playing FH for about a week and flying a lot more i can make a follow up post... (btw yes 'nasty' as in awesome... cool... the best mod ever... etc...) aright anyway... plane damage now i guess is alright now that my FH lead is better. annoying as hell when you light some guy up and he is on fire falling to the earth and then bails w/o a parachute only to die and you not recieve the kill.... SO i guess ppl who are flying and arent pilots shouldnt be able to bail from a flaming plane. SPITFIRES...... NEED TO BE FIXED!!!!!!!!! they are POSes on El Almein and BoB. I also have a question about the Stukas... the stuka with the AT guns(37 MM or something like that) doesn't have mgs so it cant dogfight. J/W if that was how it was because it seems a bit illogical that germans wouldnt put mgs on their planes unless the cannon ammo took up too much room. QUESTION/for discussion: can people get shot out of their plane by another plane in a dogfight (since i havent done it yet) and if they can't should it be that way? alright thats all i got for now.

|KFG|Hell_March

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd March 2004

0 Uploads

89 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Ok now I will start off by saying that this mods rocks!!! :) I have been playing it for about 23 weeks now and the combat is far better than reguler bf in so many way. To me it seems youguys are really trying for realism which is good. Anyways I have noticed that the wings of fighters preety much take no damage at all. Problem with this is I shoot the hell out of another fighter and they dont die at least not easily. Also we were playing on coral sea yesterday KFG's server. I l;anded on the small island across from the allies carrier and manned the def gun and started blasting there carrier with it. Moments latter here comes a hellcat flying directly toward me so I line him up in my def gun's sights and wait till he gets close. I fire upon him scoring a hit on the wing however the round hit his wing and his plane was STILL FLYING!?!?!?!? the only reason that his plane took any damage was because his fuesalage took some splash damage from the round. Now I aint no expert or anything but I would think that if a def gun hit a plane anywhere he should go down. I agree that the wings should not take as much damage as the fueslage but they need to at least take some damage maybe not a whole lot but some esp. when they get hit by a def gun. I think the wings not taking any damage is the reason why its so much harder to shoot an enemy down.

|KFG|Hell_March

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd March 2004

0 Uploads

89 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

I am sorry I have only been playing 2 weeks lol sorry for the double post but I didnt notice it till some1 else pointed it out