Sungod

Crinkle Crinkle

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

231 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

WHy is it that whenever I think I have something lined up I end up blowing half my ship to bits. Are all the turrets aligned to porperly allow targeting without blowing yourself to hell? Also... I have been unable to repair any ships... both on Midway and Coral Sea. Despite engies running around trying, reapairing just does no good.

opelblitz

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th March 2004

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I think this also applies to the Fletcher (rear turrets)

Baron_Von_Goofey

all polar bears r left handed

50 XP

14th November 2003

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

what range were you shooting at? if its short range then i can sort of understand that coz battle ships wernt sposed to shoot at anything that was too close with its main guns. and would a single man with a wrench be able to fix a 40 odd thousand tonne battleship?

[21Pzr]Holmann 1st

Don't Think You Are Safe Yet!

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

86 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
SungodDespite engies running around trying, reapairing just does no good.

Baron Do you see the ENGIES is more than one and repairing ships is impossible now!!

Baron_Von_Goofey

50 XP

14th November 2003

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

yeah well it would take quite a large team to fix even the lightest of battle damage due to the sheer scale of things onboard a battleship. ... i think its a good idea to stop people repairing the ships. makes people take care of them and use them properly, not just using the battleship as a giant ram for example :spamtastic

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I've never manned the Yamato, but the PrinceOW 1 and 2 positions are fine, clearance-wise. Positions 3 and 4, however, both control [four] turrets, and will hit the ship if you try to fire directly fore or aft.

opelblitz

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th March 2004

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
Baron_Von_Goofeyyeah well it would take quite a large team to fix even the lightest of battle damage due to the sheer scale of things onboard a battleship. ... i think its a good idea to stop people repairing the ships. makes people take care of them and use them properly, not just using the battleship as a giant ram for example :spamtastic

While that's all true, there's no OTHER way to repair the ships, and many capital ships were able to even fabricate spare parts from scratch to make quick patch-up repairs. The repair rate shouldn't be like in vanilla 1942, but it SHOULD be upped a little to promote better gameplay. Nothing's more irritating than spawning on a battleship that's about to be deep-sixed. :mad:

Baron_Von_Goofey

50 XP

14th November 2003

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

you have a point there opelblitz as gameplay wise it can suck a bit but in real life how long do you recon it would take a team of say... 10/20 people to fix a 16inch shell hole in the side of a battle ship? far longer than most games last. but i recon there should be some way of repairing ships