Ivegottheskill

No.1 STvsSW Fan

50 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

172 Posts

0 Threads

#1 17 years ago

I read about this "mystery bug" being isolated to Kursk, El Alamein and Guadalcanal. I can run Kursk and El Alamein fine, but Guadalcanal always crashes the game when I try to load it.

Minor bugs: Ammo box in bunker on small island in Midway isn't there, but you can still pick up ammo.

Gigant jumpy in El Alamein and can take off backwards. Cockpit view is very poor and when I took off backwards once, it switched it's appearance to that 3 engines Junkers aircraft you guys were working on for about 2 seconds (pretty weird).

Atlantic map has enormous lag (even when I loaded it alone in conquest) all the planes and droppable boats are jumping around like crazy (most likely the cause)

Propeller spin on many aircraft is very slow, particularly on the FW-190.

The FW-190 also seems to have pretty twitchy controls and the MiG-3 is the opposite (if they're modelled on realistic handling characteristics don't change anything, that's what I wanted from FH)

Good work on your first release. For the most part (especially considering it's you're first beta release), everything rocks :rock: KUTGW

Ivegottheskill

No.1 STvsSW Fan

50 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

172 Posts

0 Threads

#2 17 years ago

More minor bugs that I'd rather post here than make a new topic:

Ammo box at Arnham bridge outpost in Market Garden isn't there. The symbol for ammo appears when you approach where it should be, but you don't receive any ammo (same problem as in Midway, see above post)

The Webley sounds don't seem to be scaled inline to the rest of the sounds in game and it seems a lot quieter than it should.

BTW, the Gigant (as I mentioned in the above post) is the name for the 6-engined ME323 transport aircraft that's in El Alamein (for anyone wondering what I was on about :) )

Ivegottheskill

No.1 STvsSW Fan

50 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

172 Posts

0 Threads

#3 17 years ago

Also, the B-25's climb rate should not be better than a P-51's. The climb rates of most of the fighters are pretty bad on the whole though, and don't rip sounds from Day of Defeat, that's really lame :rolleyes:

hatchetman

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

127 Posts

0 Threads

#4 17 years ago

Guadalcanal crashed to desktop for me too when I tryed to play it singleplayer. Also, you cant man the machine gun/flak thingie/or whatever it is on the back of a sub because you cant get around to the back. When you get out of it it drops you in front of the tower, and there is no way to climb around to the rear. This is a pretty big deal!!!!

Ivegottheskill

No.1 STvsSW Fan

50 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

172 Posts

0 Threads

#5 17 years ago

Yak-9 in Kharkov: The 20mm nose cannon looks like it's firing from the left wing when it's viewed from the nose camera.

T-34 seems as fast as a jeep. Not sure if the speed of one or the other is scaled correctly (I hope you guys are still aiming for total realism)

Ivegottheskill

No.1 STvsSW Fan

50 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

172 Posts

0 Threads

#6 17 years ago

A few more bugs to post:

Bots get multiple Panzerfaust rockets

M1Carbine spelt wrong (it's M1 Carbine and not M1Carabine, isn't it?) http://www.rt66.com/~korteng/SmallArms/m1carbin.htm

Garand shooting sound seems a little quiet compared to other weapons

Using the Me262 causes the whole game to crash when flying in Bocage