DurchLaufJetzt

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

23rd July 2004

0 Uploads

27 Posts

0 Threads

#211 16 years ago
KingrudolfOk here goes.. No explosion sounds for grenades and expacks.. I haven't got a clue how to switch shells on the Flak88, wonder if it's still possible? I also wondered why the Germans wear pale white helmets in the City Berlin map.. makes them a very easy target.. also when switching weapons (on Alpenfest) everytime you change weapons with your mousewheel it fires one shot. I also noticed a lot of floating objects in the Berlin city map. I also thought that some sounds look like those from XWWII.. for example the Mosin Nagant, it's reload sound and fire sound. And how do you aim with the mortars anyway? I fired a few shots but I never seem to detect the hit, lol. The anti tank rifles reload slow.. waay too slow. You'd be much better off with a Bazooka, I'll say. You can fire 1,5 bazooka shots for each AT rifle shot. For me the IS2 in the Outskirts map spawns fine as well as the MIG's. I can also operate ALL of the artillery guns (including the one at Omaha).

They mean the artillery piece at Omaha-1944. Not the regular battlefield one.

DurchLaufJetzt

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

23rd July 2004

0 Uploads

27 Posts

0 Threads

#212 16 years ago
Comrade PedrovskaDon't know if this was told before but I guess not: -The Japanese destroyers still shoot themselves with the front and rear turret!! -American destroyers still shoot themselves with lower of the front turrets! -Many tanks (the ones I know are Sherman and Matilda) can shoot themselves on the back! This is very irritating because in the special realistic tank aim that was added in 0.6 you can't see that you are pointing at your own tank when you're trying to blow off the engineer putting expacks behind you! You end up doing his job! I think these vehicle turrets movement should be limited so they don't end up aiming themselves!

dude you need to aim upwards anyway!! the shells have an arc!!!! it's the exact same way with the battleships.

Ronin Pedroshin

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

13th June 2004

0 Uploads

878 Posts

0 Threads

#213 16 years ago
DurchLaufJetztdude you need to aim upwards anyway!! the shells have an arc!!!! it's the exact same way with the battleships.

But they should make it so you don't hit your own ship! Specially the rear turrets on Japanese destroyer! It always screws up in Wake Island and noone dares touch them (rear turrets) because they fear they'll sink their own ship! Even if you put the destroyer parallel to land and aim at it the lower rear turret will keep hiting the destroyer's edge and in 2/3 shots it will sink it. You will need to aim upwards ALOT if you don't want to damage it but the shells will end going above the land you're trying to hit. Same goes for tanks - they should not be able to aim the turret to themselves. I believe it's possible. Just diminish the limit of where the turret can aim to.

peckens

peck peck peck wooodddddd

50 XP

26th January 2004

0 Uploads

431 Posts

0 Threads

#214 16 years ago
Comrade PedrovskaDon't know if this was told before but I guess not: -The Japanese destroyers still shoot themselves with the front and rear turret!! -American destroyers still shoot themselves with lower of the front turrets! -Many tanks (the ones I know are Sherman and Matilda) can shoot themselves on the back! This is very irritating because in the special realistic tank aim that was added in 0.6 you can't see that you are pointing at your own tank when you're trying to blow off the engineer putting expacks behind you! You end up doing his job! I think these vehicle turrets movement should be limited so they don't end up aiming themselves!

just to let u know all of the ships do that even on vanilla

Ronin Pedroshin

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

13th June 2004

0 Uploads

878 Posts

0 Threads

#215 16 years ago
peckensjust to let u know all of the ships do that even on vanilla

Ok I must admit I exaggerated on the American destroyer rear/front turrets and Japanese destroyer front turrets. But the Japanese REAR turrets are the worst! In Wake Island I was on the rear turrets trying to kill an American Defgun and I ended up sinking myself. Also I hate when I'm sailing the destroyer to a location and my partner on 2nd position sinks us both. It just takes 2 shots to sink yourself with the rear turrets. Even when you're firing to the sides of the ship you hit it! That doesn't happen with the American destroyer! I suppose it's the lower rear turret that is too low. The Devs should raise it a a bit more.

S1l3ntSt4lk3r

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th May 2004

0 Uploads

2,627 Posts

0 Threads

#216 16 years ago

the tanks barrel have no collision :thing: so thats how they can go through trees

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#217 16 years ago
DurchLaufJetztdude you need to aim upwards anyway!! the shells have an arc!!!! it's the exact same way with the battleships.

Not so much. View distance range means at most you have to angle 30 degrees to hit anything and more often then not you are right up next to an opposing ship and shoot yourself. This really should be fixed. The crosshairs thing with the Destroyer is, I THINK, intentional, but it does make it a pain in the ass to hit anything at long range without a few warm up shots.

Other vehicles that shoot themselves:

Stug 3 B, front left down, front right down. It hits the top of the track cover and does minimal damage.

Jackson, the MG wont fire if your turret is pointed backwards to the side.

Meatsheild

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

1st August 2004

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#218 16 years ago

[QUOTE=Major_Ass13]Um well it would be nice if the maps would load AND THE MOD ACTUALLY WORKED! i installed it on a fresh install of windows XP and BF1942, so there where no files from older versions. none and i mean NONE of the maps load it just crashes to desktop every time FH doesnt support single player.:deal:

Apro-FIN-

Real men don't change avatars!

50 XP

31st August 2004

0 Uploads

551 Posts

0 Threads

#219 16 years ago

1) MGs deployed by APCs don't appear 90% of time 2) Some tanks, for example Stugg, still have crosshairs 3) Stugg's secondary view (the aim view) has better sight than the normal one so it is wrong way around compared to the other tanks 4) Not a bug but some maps (like Berlin) need more ammo crates (in Berlin one to the southern most flag plz)

Tas

Serious business brigade

50 XP

3rd September 2004

0 Uploads

7,275 Posts

0 Threads

#220 16 years ago

Stug and Nebelwerfer crosshair glitches. After trying to use the arty vision and i return to normal view i end up with the Binocs "crosshairs". Some times. Also, as observed in the pic, this happend right after the binocs glitch.