Cochise

click...boom

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

286 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

PROKHOROVKA should not have been released. It is a bit too buggy for a general release beta. This map crashes without fail for me and that is just the most obvious thing that it does.

Control points have issues and the map has lag issues where it should have none. The Battle of Orel map, with almost 4000 static objects does NOT lag for me or crash at all, yet PROKHOROVKA lags and crashes constantly and is not near as dense.

I don't know if the custom objects are poorly done, collision meshes are screwy or what, but it is un-playable. (for me anyway)

That said, it is a great looking map, but what's the point if you can't play it.

My system is

AMD XP3200 ATI 9800 PRO 1 GIG DDR 400MHZ GEIL PLATINUM RAM AUDIGY 2 PLATINUM ASUS A7N8X DELUX REV 2 MOBO WIN XP

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

That is... utterly bizzare. I seem to recall you having posted a quite comprehensive list of changes, fixes and tweaks you've made in another thread, all to no avail? My system is due for an upgrade, but it runs Prohorovka well enough to be playable, without any major fits of lag: Intel P7 2.4B on an Intel D845PESV mobo 768MB PC2700 SDRAM ATI Radeon 9600XT Soundblaster Audigy2 Western Digital WD800JB WinXP Home SP1 for gaming purposes ...and I, for one, am at a total loss as to what might be causing you to crash on that map, unless the map file you have is somehow corrupt?

Cochise

click...boom

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

286 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago
C38368That is... utterly bizzare. I seem to recall you having posted a quite comprehensive list of changes, fixes and tweaks you've made in another thread, all to no avail? My system is due for an upgrade, but it runs Prohorovka well enough to be playable, without any major fits of lag: Intel P7 2.4B on an Intel D845PESV mobo 768MB PC2700 SDRAM ATI Radeon 9600XT Soundblaster Audigy2 Western Digital WD800JB WinXP Home SP1 for gaming purposes ...and I, for one, am at a total loss as to what might be causing you to crash on that map, unless the map file you have is somehow corrupt?

Yesssireee, you are correct. After having done all of those things and a few more.... The lag is not a huge issue, but it should not lag at all. It crashes always though on this map. I really like the map, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't like me.

I have searched the internet for why and cannot find an answer. When I have time, I am going to try the debug tool. It doesn't make sense to me either. I suspect it has to do with custom object collision meshes.

BTW, What video drivers do you use?

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I'm using Catalyst 4.3 from ATI (display driver v6.14.10.6430).