[WV]hr_ansjos

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

First of all, let me congratulate the whole Forgotten Hope crew with this stunning mod. This is all I've ever dreamt of seeing in Battlefield 1942.

Thought I'd help you out identify some bugs that I've come across.

1. On "Karelia" while playing as a russian soldier, one of the spawns in the trenches places you under the trench. You get stuck.

2. When I was playing Bocage today, I hopped into a Me262 and got kicked out to desktop without an error message.

3. In "Orel" the new plane was pretty weird (that red and white one, dont know the name). I did not manage to take off successfully a single time. The plane weirs off to either side and crashes into the trees. Also, the trees in the end of this rather short runway are a problem.

4. The last point is not a bug, but a personal preference - I think it is too easy to kill people with normal weapons (rifles, mg's). Maybe it could be made a bit more difficult?

Other than this; Great job guys, this mod is awesome! BF1942 will never be the same again!

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Hehe that plane is the La7 which is the one I made. =)

Since the plane starts off at an angle according to the runway you can't start off fast and hold the rudder for too long cause the plane will keep turning that way. This happens ALOT with normal BF planes. Just align yourself slowly with the runway then take off. I was flying it all the time yesterday and it was perfect. (except the cannons need to be fixed so they work and the plane should pull up better.)

I'm not sure if we will make it that much harder to kill people. We'll see what happens. We still need to balance stuff.

Don't worry we'll look into those bugs. Thanks for the input.

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

1 shot kill is an excellent feature, don't you dare change it! :)

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Of course not, we're not changing that...but maybe some weapons need to be made more innacurate or something like that. We'll see =)

[WV]hr_ansjos

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

I do not want changes in what happens when you do hit someone (1 shot in the right place = kill), but I think it's to easy to hit the target...I was astounded by how good I was playing today - something had to be wrong! :lol:

And in reply to the "father" of the plane that i mentioned; ok, I will try this plane again - I've never been very good with taildraggers... :)

Muddy S

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

The rifles ar faaaarrrr to accurate I mean its like BANG-kill BANG-kill BANG-kill etc etc from a mile away its ridiculous! :/ You need to at least increase the time you need to aim to get an accurate shot. :) Need to improve aiming of the british phiat thingy rocket

Other than the lack of mirrors to download it, great great mod!

PS if you get into one of those new german flaks on bocage, according to your bottom left screen you are in a battleship :D

Reeves

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

52 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago
Muddy SThe rifles ar faaaarrrr to accurate I mean its like BANG-kill BANG-kill BANG-kill etc etc from a mile away its ridiculous! :/ You need to at least increase the time you need to aim to get an accurate shot. :) Need to improve aiming of the british phiat thingy rocket

I have to agree that some of the guns are much too accurate. For example, you shouldnt be able to shoot a MP40 in full auto, or even in burts, accurately at 100-200 yards away. Same goes with a few other machine guns. And rifles do need to be a bit less accurate, or at least need to have the time needed to aim increased, like Muddy S said.

And as for the phiat, you must be prone to be able to aim it, true to life. All of the other AT weapons need to be that way too, but they arent at the moment.

2ltben

Shpadoinkle

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

261 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

The mod seems to crash every few minutes for me, as well as fire sounds "disappearing" from MGs, rifles, and pistols.

Plata

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

2. When I was playing Bocage today, I hopped into a Me262 and got kicked out to desktop without an error message.

Yeah I noticed the same problem.

Muddy S

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

No4 has no sound, i can only hear the echo at the end.

try going prone with the phiat then standing back up