jmrwacko

Official Battlefield Reporter

50 XP

6th August 2003

0 Uploads

125 Posts

0 Threads

#11 17 years ago

Curried-CatI know that the Tiger was a seriously poweful tank but I think it need some downgrading just to improve the game play.

It's not fun when one tank can keep the whole of the Allies back. It takes just too many rounds to destroy it and can kill anything in one shot.

Nice to see some realism but quite a few complaints about the Tiger when I've been playing. Oh well, back for some more action!

dude, he said the panzer wouldnt blow up, not the tiger :rolleyes: I think the tiger is perfect now cause its just damn scary :p

For some reason, the panzer dies easier if it is hit from the front than from the back or sides. Is this intentional cause its sorta stupid.

Ilythiir

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#12 17 years ago

Yeah the Panzers IV are GROSSly overpowered. Historically the PIV was far inferior to the T34, but here in FH they seem to blow up T34s with one or two shots. Especialy the PIVH is quite extreme regarding this issue. Of course the armour plates on the sides make him slightly less vulnerable irl but still it shouldn't stand a real chance in a front to front fight against a T34. Remember: The Panther and Tiger were designed because of the sovjets' T34, just because the PIVs couldn't handle the T34s.

I'm German and I like it how powerful the Tiger is (historically), but the Panzer IVHs need some tweaking to not scare away the Allies players.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#13 17 years ago

its a bug

Peo

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#14 17 years ago

IlythiirYeah the Panzers IV are GROSSly overpowered. Historically the PIV was far inferior to the T34, but here in FH they seem to blow up T34s with one or two shots. Especialy the PIVH is quite extreme regarding this issue. Of course the armour plates on the sides make him slightly less vulnerable irl but still it shouldn't stand a real chance in a front to front fight against a T34. Remember: The Panther and Tiger were designed because of the sovjets' T34, just because the PIVs couldn't handle the T34s.

I'm German and I like it how powerful the Tiger is (historically), but the Panzer IVHs need some tweaking to not scare away the Allies players.

The PzIV F and forwards were about equal to the t-34. But as said by other there is something wrong with the pzIVH in the mod.

Curried-Cat

Defender of things

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#15 17 years ago
jmrwackodude, he said the panzer wouldnt blow up, not the tiger :rolleyes: I think the tiger is perfect now cause its just damn scary :p

I placed my post in here as it was about tanks. :rolleyes:

I don't want the realism changed but with the design of some of the maps a flanking move is just not possible. Just maybe slow down the spawn time or reduce the turret speed?

Tiger G.I.Joe

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#16 17 years ago

Tanks are perfect. Tiger can same an ubertank, invincible for all other tanks, but as in real life it has a weak point, like other tanks. If you can found on Net an Tiger armor table you could discover it. I test it and you can destroy a tiger with 3 shots of T34-85 or 6 of PanzerIVG. But its front is very resistant, it take 16 T34-85 shots, so Tiger is a good challenge for good tanker squad.