Delta Force

Revenge was here.

50 XP

23rd June 2005

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

Okay, I belive this a very orginal idea, for there is no mod in prodution that I know of (and I checked) that covers the Korean War. I don't even think anyone thought of it for Battlefield: 1942. How sad, this truley is the forgotten war. Well, here is a cool paragraph that would (or will) go on the front page of our site, and will explain why I chose this unique era:

The Korean War is the end of the old ways of fighting, and the begaining of the new. On the seas, the battleships of yesterday continue to soldier on, however their status as "queen of the seas" has now been taken over by aircraft carriers, loaded with aircraft capable of hitting targets far over the horizon. On land artillery is still used for close support, but ground attack aircraft in the Close Air Support role threaten the role of artillery for long range support. And in the skies, the old prop driven planes of yesterday have been replaced by jet powered aircraft, screaming acroos the sky faster than the speed of sound. The future of warefare is just being written, and you are in the middle of it. What weapons will you choose in this war between the two ideoliges of capitalism and communism. Remember if Korea falls to communism, it is only the begaining.

I can map, but that is about it. Anyone have any comments, complants, suggestions, applications, or whatever?

Delta Force

Revenge was here.

50 XP

23rd June 2005

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

40 views and no reply, can someone please comment on the idea of the mod or something? If 40 of you have seen this you can at least post a one sentence comment!:nodding: Please post what you like/dislike about the mod, any questions, concerns, anything you think of that is related to this idea.

Thanks in advance for commenting

Xenomorph VIP Member

Validating my existance

50 XP

8th July 2002

0 Uploads

2,636 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

There's a reason it's known as the "Forgotten War." It was the last time we used prop aircraft in a direct combat role. A-1 Skyraiders, B-29 Superfortresses, even the P-51 saw use in the ground attack role.

Delta Force

Revenge was here.

50 XP

23rd June 2005

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago
XenomorphThere's a reason it's known as the "Forgotten War." It was the last time we used prop aircraft in a direct combat role. A-1 Skyraiders, B-29 Superfortresses, even the P-51 saw use in the ground attack role.

If you don't think 8 .50 calibar machine guns and about 10 bazooka rockets will do the trick against some T-34s, than tell me what you think will.:rolleyes:

And the B-29 was an excellent bomber, of course when it had protection from jets and P-51s (than called F-51s) from enemy planes and AA.

And as for the A-1, it rocked, they used untill the end of Nam.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 12 years ago
Delta Force;2509163If you don't think 8 .50 calibar machine guns and about 10 bazooka rockets will do the trick against some T-34s, than tell me what you think will.:rolleyes:

Well, it probably took 8 .50 calibers and 10 bazooka rockets to destroy them. Remember the first U.S soliders used 2.6 inch rockets left over from WWII (literally) they would bounce off the tank. It took direct hits from 155mm howitzers at point blank range in the fighting for Tajeu. Also napalm was used in the war too.

wolvesgoalie

Ich Bin Das Auto

50 XP

17th May 2006

0 Uploads

1,393 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Phosphorous rounds were developed mid war, and were used frequently by the Chinese forces in the late war. They were nasty because Phosphorous burns when exposed to oxygen, so the only way for medics to stop the burning would be to apply medical jelly over the wound. This however prevented the medic from being able to further treat the wound, before bringing the casulty to the EVAC Hospital and eventually to a M*A*S*H Unit where surgeons could remove the bullt, and dispose of it. As far as the mod goes, I do know how to do weapon editing, but I don't have any moddeling capabilities, so I would be of limited help. As long as the mod stays realistic it has huge potential.

Dark Saint

How many dogs are Pb'd?Maybe 2

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

8,040 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

Here is something: CHECK THE DATE OF THE POSTS PLEASE!!!! The last time this was posted to? december 2005, almost a year ago. :lock: