kKamehameha

FileFront Forums pwns me!!!!!

50 XP

18th February 2006

0 Uploads

364 Posts

0 Threads

#1 10 years ago

when i try to start up PR, the screen goes black and i get this error message: static mesh.fx(2) error x1507: failed to open source file: 'mods/xpack/shaders/data types.fx

Now i didnt have this before. i was having trouble with punkbuster with handshaking failed and PnkBstrB.exe problems so i tried to fix it with downloading and running pbsvc but was still having the problem. I then uninstalled PR, PB and bf2. I reinstalled bf2 without PB, then i reinstalled PB with pbsvc. then installed PR. After that, i got this error. I uninstalled everything again and reinstalled and still have the problem. i tried other peoples suggestions but it didnt work. i even found the data types.fx file and copied it to the xpack folder but still didnt work. if you have any suggestions they are greatly appreciated. im dying to play again

iErasmus47

I post to get attention

50 XP

12th September 2008

0 Uploads

64 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago
kKamehameha;4577090when i try to start up PR, the screen goes black and i get this error message: static mesh.fx(2) error x1507: failed to open source file: 'mods/xpack/shaders/data types.fx Now i didnt have this before. i was having trouble with punkbuster with handshaking failed and PnkBstrB.exe problems so i tried to fix it with downloading and running pbsvc but was still having the problem. I then uninstalled PR, PB and bf2. I reinstalled bf2 without PB, then i reinstalled PB with pbsvc. then installed PR. After that, i got this error. I uninstalled everything again and reinstalled and still have the problem. i tried other peoples suggestions but it didnt work. i even found the data types.fx file and copied it to the xpack folder but still didnt work. if you have any suggestions they are greatly appreciated. im dying to play again

Have you got the latest version of PB. I had a file problem with PR and a free download of the latest version fixed it, I know that it is supposed to automatically download it but Hey ! this is computing.

iErasmus47

I post to get attention

50 XP

12th September 2008

0 Uploads

64 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago
kKamehameha;4577090when i try to start up PR, the screen goes black and i get this error message: static mesh.fx(2) error x1507: failed to open source file: 'mods/xpack/shaders/data types.fx Now i didnt have this before. i was having trouble with punkbuster with handshaking failed and PnkBstrB.exe problems so i tried to fix it with downloading and running pbsvc but was still having the problem. I then uninstalled PR, PB and bf2. I reinstalled bf2 without PB, then i reinstalled PB with pbsvc. then installed PR. After that, i got this error. I uninstalled everything again and reinstalled and still have the problem. i tried other peoples suggestions but it didnt work. i even found the data types.fx file and copied it to the xpack folder but still didnt work. if you have any suggestions they are greatly appreciated. im dying to play again

Another idea is try and open it as Administrator

kKamehameha

50 XP

18th February 2006

0 Uploads

364 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

owww!! fixed it thanks anyways for your help!

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 10 years ago

hey guys i try all of that n it didnt work do u guys know other way to fix this i realy want to play it

kKamehameha

50 XP

18th February 2006

0 Uploads

364 Posts

0 Threads

#6 10 years ago

what is the problem exactly? same as mine or a punkbuster problem?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 9 years ago
kKamehameha;4668249what is the problem exactly? same as mine or a punkbuster problem?

So, how did you fix your problem anyway? I'm having the same issue...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 9 years ago

kKamehameha can you help me i get the exactly same error i just downloaded the program and really want to play so pls help.