[HT] Thunder

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

21st October 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Hey, i have a ATI Radeon 9250 Graphics Card (256MB). Before buying the game i didnt realise that my card wasnt supported. I bought it and today spent hours trying to get the game to work. Then i got told that my card wasn't supported. I have the latest catalyst, direct x etc and i really cant afford to buy a new card right now.

So where does that leave me, is there any way i can get the game to work with my current card or am i going to have to get a new card?

Pethegreat Advanced Member

Lord of the Peach

70 XP

19th April 2004

0 Uploads

20,892 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

It will work with some 9250's, but you are going to need a new graphics card since your's is not one of the lucky ones.

See if you can return your game then sell that 9250 and get at lest a X700/6600gt if you PCI-e or AGP.

[HT] Thunder

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

21st October 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

obviously not my version lol. I really like the game, but i dont think im gonna go out and buy a new graphics card just because i cant play it.

-aFh- Gen.Fatcat

I just got nOObed

50 XP

20th September 2005

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Yeah, i just bought that card so i could upgrade my dell demenison 2400 to have an 1/2 decent card.

I mean its better than INTEL INTRAGRATED GRAPHICS!!!!!!!!

I would lag in regular 1942 on low settings sadly with that because the card just could not process the game. There was also almost no diffrence bettween high and low, just the high settings i would get 10x more lag. I dont kno if it will play bf2 yet, I hope it does though. Im still waiting for it to come in the mail...

If it dosent work, i can live with out bf2 :)

arrowhead927

battlefield veteran

50 XP

27th August 2005

0 Uploads

131 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

my card can ply bf1942 on high but can only play bf2 on low

exup25th

dont talk gringo just shoot

50 XP

25th March 2004

0 Uploads

86 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I have the 9200 pro . When I tried the demo it wouldnt have it. Using the catalyst control to turn the AGP setting to X4 instead of X8 sorted it and have had no real problems with the demo or the full game. runs nice and smooth. Asrock K7VM4 Mboard and XP2800+ cpu. ATI drivers are now up to 5.10 so try to get them aswell.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Yes exup25th is quite correct. some 9250's will run if you adjust the AGP setting to 4 instead of 8, but not all so don't get yor hopes up.

-aFh- Gen.Fatcat, do you have an AGP card or PCI. If it's PCI it will NOT run BF2 no matter what you do.

But guys, why buy a 9250 cause you need a cheap card. Why not an ATI X300, they are as cheap as dirt, run BF2 fine, yes on low, but still very playable, and are not that more expensive than a 9250.

AK

:smokin:

exup25th

50 XP

25th March 2004

0 Uploads

86 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

i actually got the 9200 pro to run the original CoD. for a medium spec graphic card its done pretty well.. as long as the settings are OK. It can run Lock on - CoDUO - Doom3 - BF2 and I expect it will run Battlefront 2 and CoD2 when they come out. But you have to make sure that the settings are OK with regards to direct X or even the memory is compatible (very important I have been running a 133 DDR and a 400 DDR as I thought the 133 was 400...) I will be upgrading the graphics card after Xmas perhaps but may have other priorities.. Alot of problems with games which seem like graphics card problems may not be or can be sorted. 1. check the drivers especially on new games. The ATI 5.09 was brought out to address problems with BF2 for radeon. 2. Check direct X sound acceleration. In the case of Lock On I need to turn this OFF completely otherwise the PC reboots 5 to 10 minutes into the game. Everyone told me this was because of my graphics card and I needed a new one. 3. Check for adaware Call of Duty on my PC acts up sometimes with spyware. 4. make sure your card is getting a decent air flow round it. You need to be ideally dragging air from the front and out the back. If you have fans sucking into your box from all sides chances are you will not get circulation round the case. the 9200 pro sits right next to the heat sink for my CPU on the asrock and my old case could only hold one extra fan.: This resulted in my graphics card getting hot and would crash CoD UO to desktop frequently. no option but get a new case, in this case (sic:rolleyes: ) a jeantech achilles

exup25th

50 XP

25th March 2004

0 Uploads

86 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

oop while I remember if you havent got a surge protector then try one.. even with decent mains supply it can iron out little quirks in the supply which could cause a hang up in games (even somene turning a light on or off in your house). I didn't have that many crashes before getting one compared to my mate(s). After getting one I have even less.

-aFh- Gen.Fatcat

I just got nOObed

50 XP

20th September 2005

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Yeah its PCI.....grrrrr....oh well i can live with out bf2....i heard it wasnt that great anyway...