Geforce 6600 AGP -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

I read this in the Battlefield 2 Readme: GeForce 6600 (PCIe) Does this mean AGP isn't good enough? If it does, that really sucks because I'll need to buy a new graphic card! If so, I'd like to know whether a GeForce 6600 GT AGP is able to run Battlefield.

Dark Saint

How many dogs are Pb'd?Maybe 2

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

8,040 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

according to the information provided. 1.4 shader and up dx9.0c compatibilty. if my 9500 128 pro can handle playing this game, there is no reason why your 6600 gt can't. but don't quote me. Check with EA's site and help desk.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 13 years ago

Uuhm. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear but I meant a XFX GeForce 6600 AGP, not the GT version. Do you know whether that one works?

Pethegreat VIP Member

Lord of the Peach

70 XP

19th April 2004

0 Uploads

20,892 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

It will, the 6600gt is alot better though for only a few dollars more.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 13 years ago

I thought i wouldn't work. It at least says so in the readme and in the manual. 6600 PCI E might work, but not AGP.... Doesn't matter anyway. I'm gonna get myself a XFX 6600 GT! Too bad I don't live in the states because where I live it isn't just a few dollars more..........

Big_Daddy

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

5th August 2004

0 Uploads

698 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

The AGP version will run perfectly fine. I have a 6800 AGP that runs BF2 like a dream. The only reason that it's not listed in the readme is probably because they never actually had time/or the card handy to test it out. I know a few people that run it with that same card with no problem.

Shotglass01

Ally with no one.

50 XP

15th June 2005

0 Uploads

100 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

[color=navy]The 6600GT AGP should work just fine. I have one, and it's an XFX. I even have the BIOS overclocked a little to what BFG has on their cards, and I haven't had any trouble. I can't run all on high because it will get choppy, but it is very acceptable at playable settings.[/color]

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago
BojanglesZI read this in the Battlefield 2 Readme: GeForce 6600 (PCIe) Does this mean AGP isn't good enough? If it does, that really sucks because I'll need to buy a new graphic card! If so, I'd like to know whether a GeForce 6600 GT AGP is able to run Battlefield.

Umm, DON'T buy a new graphics card, if you do you will also need to buy a new motherboard for it! Your vid card is just fine, there is very little difference between the performance of current gen AGP and PCI-E vid cards. May be different for the 7800 but we may never know cause last I heard there isn't going to be a AGP version of it.

AK

:smokin: