Help!!!! -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

[COLOR=black]After i have played the game for about 2 minutes the screen turns black and says no signal then my computer restarts. windows sudjest that i update my drivers but i dosnt help..[/COLOR] My problems started after windows update downloaded sp2(i have no idea what sp2 is)is that the reason? my computer has all the recomendet stuff for playing bf2. PLEAS HELP ME and sorry my bad english

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Update video drivers, sound drivers, motherboard drivers.

Windows XP SP2 (Service pack 2) caused a lot of problems for badly written drivers and software so it is probably a driver error of some sort.

AK

:smokin:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 12 years ago

i have tryed to update the video driver but i dont now how to update the sound and motherboard drivers. anybody?

The#1Spot

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

20th October 2005

0 Uploads

475 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

it is probably your ram timings cause i had a similar problem like that. give us your pc specs.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 12 years ago

i got 1gb ram and 3,3 ghz prosesor. i dont now about my videocard. but the game has worked fine for about a half year!

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago
noobydoobyi have tryed to update the video driver

So have you actually updated your vid card drivers or only tried? What version vid card drivers are you running?

To update motherboard drivers go to the manufacturer's website (of your motherboard) and download the latest drivers, if you have onboard sound you can also download the sound drivers from the motherboard makers website. If you can't find them post your motherboard make and model and I will find them for you and post a link.

AK

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 12 years ago

i am not sure but this is my Driver Version for my ati radeon x600: 6.14.10.6606 my mainboard is fujitsu siemens d1826. help me!!!!!

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

Here is where you get the motherboard drivers from.

http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/products/prof_accessories_mainboards/mainboards/value/d1826.html

I'm not sure what he latest ATI drivers are but get the Catalyst 6.4 drivers from ATI here:

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=293

Please supply some more info regarding your hardware setup, also post your DXdiag output for us to view. Since only it started after windows SP2 it could very well be a driver issue because SP2 had many problems with older software and drivers. Until you have that sorted and you have the latest drivers for ALL your hardware there's little point in looking elsewhere but a quick glance at CPU and GPU temps after the restart probably wouldn't hurt. Also go Control Panel->system->Advanced->setup and recovery settings->turn off automatically restart and next time windows restarts you should get a blue screen with an error message, post that here.

AK